Hello everyone I am a lefty guitarist and can play a regular lefty guitar, as well as one a righty flipped over lefty. Lately I have been enjoying playing a righty guitar flipped over and was wondering whether if I restrung my lefty les paul to have the strings reversed(think doyle bramhall ii, albert king and dick dale) would I be able to move the saddles far enough in the bridge to get the intonation right? It has a standard angled bridge intonatable bridge, I think it's a lefty version of a epiphone les paul special ii. Thanks for any and all help
Usually, but there's no way to know for sure without trying it on the actual guitar. Trying a few different string gauges can yield different results, if you're willing to try that and it won't intonate with your usual strings.
Would I be able to remove the saddles and put them in backwards to help? And I'm assuming thinner strings would be more likely to intonate properly because of the limited room?
You don't have to remove the saddles, you can just flip the whole bridge around.

Your assumption about thinner strings is incorrect. Without knowing which way the intonation is off, you cannot say whether a lighter or heavier string will help. It would be like saying that turning your tuning keys clockwise would be most likely to put your guitar in tune. You have to know where 'out of tune' is before you can fix the problem. On top of that, string gauge doesn't always do what you'd expect it to do for intonation - sometimes you just have to try a few and see what happens.
It may not work if you have one of the bridges that was installed at a slight angle.