10 years to this very day, 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott was taken from us way too early. May he rest in peace.

It's thanks to Pantera and Dimebag that I'm listening to metal today. His music was, for me, a gateway to other metal bands such as Exhorder, Death, Pestilence and so on. You've gotta start somewhere, and Pantera was a great starting point.

I created this thread so that people could pay tribute to Dime. Feel free to share any stories you have.
Last edited by supertom1 at Dec 8, 2014,
You can't say "no trolling or negativity." That's a ludicrous concept.

But, I like the end of Floods and Cowboys From Hell isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
Quote by severed-metal

Especially when he goofed the thread title.

But, I like the end of Floods and Cowboys From Hell isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I agree with both of those statements.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Especially when he goofed the thread title.

Sorry! I didn't mean to do that.
RE
SPECK
WUTDIDUSAI
RUTALKING2ME
WOK

knuckle-dragging philistines, hang your heads at the loss of your idol.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by severed-metal

I agree with this. The whole RIP Dime thing is ridiculous though.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
My cousin introduced me to Pantera when I was 12, It was the first time I had ever listened to any kind of metal and I instantly knew that I loved it. Then when I saw this long haired wild man playing this pointy lookin guitar like I had never seen before, making it squeel like I didn't even know a guitar could and playing faster than I had seen anyone up till then play, I knew what I wanted to do with my life.

Two years later was when Dimebag passed away.

I was 14 and obsessed with playing my guitar I begged my parents to buy me, devoured anything and everything Metal that I could find, and had sworn a year earlier that I was never going to cut my hair again. I was a weird kinda kid, didn't really get along well with the other kids in school. I got picked on and bullied just about every day and flirted with the idea of suicide more times than I'd like to think about now. But I found a home in Metal. It was a community that I could get into and it was one that accepted me just the way I was.

Quite literally, Metal helped me survive junior high and high school.

Today, I still love playing my guitar, I still love hearing new metal bands, I still love this community. Much happier than I ever was back then but still just as crazy about my music as I was back then. I've had a chance to play in a Metal band (never made it beyond the local scene but we got to record an EP and played several shows a month and just that experience alone is one I wouldn't trade for anything) and now I'm back in college (Don't drop out of school to play in a metal band lol) and I teach guitar to make enough money to get by so I don't have to get a "real" job.

I probably would have found metal eventually, but for me it was Pantera and Dimebag Darrell that introduced me to this world, opened my eyes and ears to this music, and probablly saved my life. I still love Pantera (and still can't play most of those damn Dime Riffs lol) and I feel very fortunate for being introduced to the music and playing that Dimebag contributed to.

Thank you Dimebag, and rest in peace
Quool Story br0.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN