My wife and I were fighting, and she chimped out and attacked my Gibson Les Paul studio faded. I am sharing pictures of the damage so that you can all feel my bottomless pain. I can get new tuners and refinish the damaged body, but I'm not sure what can be done about the damage to the neck underneath the fretboard. There is a significant crack in the body at the bottom of the guitar as well, not sure how significant that is. Can anything be done for my guitar? I know it will never look the same, but I'm hoping a luthier can at least restore functionality.

Damage to the tuners, one tuner cruelly smashed to pieces, another knocked loose like a man's brain after taking a titanic right-hand from Mike Tyson.

Damage to the upper neck. Separation of the fretboard from the neck - hairline, but I am pulling on the neck to show separation in both photos. I'm not sure how this insufferable trespass against the structural integrity of my American made guitar affect tuning & whatnot.

Not even the nut was safe from the irresistible assault of a blood-crazed woman.

Scratches & gouges, an oppressive reminder of the black evil perpetrated by the witch.

This is still functional, unlike John Wayne Bobbitt's penis.

Another view of the battered tuner, as well as the devastated headstock which bares terrible reminders of the rape.

A bigass knife did this! Only a degenerate monster could do something like this.

This is what my spirit looks like after this ruinous rape and degradation.

A bit hard to tell, but the wood is a bit compressed here, much like my blue soul.

What can be done to set right this grievous misdeed? It sickens my bones to see my precious sweetling laid low. My wife feels terrible and wants to replace it (I can get at least a Les Paul Studio, if not a used Standard out of her), but I'm very picky about my guitars and I picked this one after playing many Studio Faded models - not every guitar of the same model sounds the same! At the very least, I'd like to restore this one to being functional, and gift it to some young kid who can't afford a decent guitar. I remember being fourteen and being passionate about the craft, but not having the money for a good guitar.

Thank you...
Yes, it can. It will cost a pretty penny though.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Oh my... that's terrible to see. I guess the bright side is at least she put some real effort into it? I'm not a master luthier, but I would think you could have it repaired so there's not any issues of structural weakness, but it'll always have it's scars. There's probably a ton of guys (myself partially included) who would say jump on that chance to get a new axe, but I get the sentimental attachment.
Oh dear. My better half has threatened but not committed atrocities of that kind.

If it were mine I would just get the essential repairs done - tuners and cracks - and leave the cosmetic damage. It's all mojo, and with luck you'll be able to laugh it off in a few years time. It should put you on the moral high ground if you politely decline her offer to buy you a new one.
Dude what did you do? And don't say nothing, because your guitar says otherwise.

Yes it can be fixed but your looking at ~$100ish to fix the crack in the neck, $25-$30 to put on a new nut, $5 for a 3 way (if you can solder it yourself). You might score 1 tuner off ebay, but if not figure $50ish for a new set of tuners

I'd get it fixed but You should get a PRS out of this deal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Hydra26
Don't forget the split back

Your right, throw another $100+ on the bill for that
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Jesus ****ing Christ.

I think the best thing to do is to hide it with the rifles she didn't want me buying and just get a new guitar out of it. Thanks for the advice, guys. I really didn't do anything too terrible, but she's Hispanic and those women are crazy!
Hey, man, that is a racist stereotype!

My Hispanic/creole mother is the same way, and she's 3' away as I type this...and yes, she DOES have a knife.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 8, 2014,
Quote by wiggles89
Jesus ****ing Christ.

I think the best thing to do is to hide it with the rifles she didn't want me buying and just get a new guitar out of it. Thanks for the advice, guys. I really didn't do anything too terrible, but she's Hispanic and those women are crazy!

Yeah, I'd figure $300+ would be the bill to get it fixed. Not cheap, you could sell it for probably $175, I wouldn't pay anymore for it and I would fix it myself.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
...wow..

yes this can be repaired. It's not gonna be cheap either. The neck will never be the same from that crack however the hardware is easily changed or upgraded and you'd probably have to get it re-painted.

it's probably cheaper to get a new guitar though unless this guitars special to you. Your BEST bet is to sell it on ebay. I'm sure you can get 300-ish for it towards something new. I sold this "reliced" telecaster a few weeks ago and had 20-30 replies on it in a week so if cheap enough b@stards see it they'll buy and flip it or some kid will bring it back to life learning the trades of a luthier.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Dec 8, 2014,
Wow good luck with that. I would be divorcing my wife... unless of course I had cheated or done something equally as terrible.
IMO not worth repairing. you can find another used one for <$500 easily, and thats not much more than the repair bill
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Don't repair it, keep it in a case labelled "Lucille".

You know, as a reminder.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
guilt trip her into buying you another guitar. then drop her for someone who isnt a guitar-hating maniac
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by wiggles89
Jesus ****ing Christ.

My wife is also latina, and I try to think of it as passionate rather than crazy.
That is an awful amount of damage. I'm really sorry.

Tell her to subtract the value of the guitar from her paycheck. THe amount of money needed to repair damage of that extent, especially the body (like seriously how did she hit the guitar hard enough to split that brick of mahogany in half like that), is likely to match that of the guitar's value.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 9, 2014,
Sorry man, this is damaged completely beyond repair. Even if you can repair it on the surface, deep down those wounds will still exist and it will never be the same again. My recommendation is to go out on the market and find a new one. With enough searching you can find a better one that still gives you that sentimental feeling.

The guitar on the other hand, just take it to a Luther and they will have it fixed in no time
Quote by wiggles89
she's Hispanic and those women are crazy!

it's not just the hispanic ones.

don't kid yourself.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ yep all bitches are crazy
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by nathan:-)
What you really need is a new wife

Mebbe she found out about the new one and thats why she was so pissed?...

That gouge in the side of the body, did she use a machete to do that???

I agree with some others above... Put it away and put it out on each anniversary to remind her that she's damn lucky to be alive.

Oh yeah, and get another GIBSON LP... There's plenty of haters out there who will say that they overpriced crap and to buy something else cos its wayyy 'better' blah blah blah... They just don't get IT. Go with what you desire instead of what someone else thinks is the best for you because how would they know, they aren't you.

Cheers
I hate this. If a man did this to a woman's possessions, it would be classed as the start of a abusive relationship and psychological abuse. A woman does it, Its fine.

She should be buying you a new guitar, and maybe anger management. If neither of these, maybe a new wife
Jokes aside, I see she has offered to buy you a replacement. I think that would be the best thing to go for, like you said it may take a while to find a nice one, as it did with the one you did have.
Last edited by conanwarrior at Dec 11, 2014,
Definitely anger management.

This time she killed a guitar.
That was just a warning.

Next time she'll cut you, dude.
And the horse you rode in on.
And your entire blood line.

We don't want to be reading about you in the paper.
Look at the bright side. If your wife insisted on doing damage to your nut, at least it was the one on your guitar.
Uuughhhh- what a fking btch. Id be so pissed. And shes obviously capable of doing it again. Make her buy you a les paul standard and then tell her to go fck her own face. I cant stand when girls do sht like that
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

As a divorced person I would say just go buy a new guitar and forget it. A divorce lawyer will cost you 100 times more.
Quote by gregs1020
it's not just the hispanic ones.

don't kid yourself.

This.

And it looks like you got off easy. My wife has gotten angry enough at me in the past to start hurling German crystal lowball glasses at me like a sick game of dodgeball.

Cost me $400 and a whole lot of groveling to fix things.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
You could start by apologizing, because I have to believe you were wrong. And if you were not wrong, you seriously need to find a lawyer. But seriously, good luck with the marriage and the guitar. I'm married 33 years, I don't have a clue how but I am....I do know how tough it can be.