So I've got a budget of around $1000 for buying gear for myself. I currently have an Ibanez XPT700, and I'm not a big fan of guitars with trems because I like to do lots of different drop tunings, and re-adjusting the trem is way too annoying. I also preferably want to get myself some recording gear and what-nots.
So anyhoo, I'm thinking of buying myself an erg (preferably with a fixed bridge) + some goodies, and was wondering which option would be best

Option A) Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid C-7 (and just save up for the scarlet and EZ Drummer for later purchase)

Option B) Ibanez Premium RG927QMZ (I know it has a trem, but it's on sale, and I already have spare 7 string dimarzios that I can use to swap out the stock pickups), and a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2

Option C) Jackson JS32-8Q Dinky, Seymour Duncans to replace the stock pickups, the Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, and the Toontrack EZ Drummer.

^With this option I'd get lots of stuff to play around with immediately, and I'd probably end up replacing the cheap Jackson with the Schecter Hellraiser or something next year, or the year after. I just don't like the fact that then I'd be buying a cheap guitar that I know I'll replace pretty soon. :l

In the end, I'm kinda leaning towards option A or C, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it, or leave some ideas. Cheers!
Last edited by Dense Ingot at Dec 9, 2014,
What's your amp setup like?
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Currently a Fender Superchamp XD, but the amp's not really a concern right now because the distortion's adequate and clear enough for practicing, and a head/cab seems overkill for a townhouse basement (although I am considering getting either the Laney IRT 60 or Peavey 6505 sometime soon because they're pretty cheap). For the moment I just want to experiment around with recording through the computer.