as the title says how low can you go with 25.5 scale, 6 stringers or 7 string, cause i think my limit is Ab on a 7 string cause i dont like lower than that, but im curious about how low people have gone.
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
That depends on a lot of factors. What string gauge are you using? How's the bass response on your amp? your pickups? How much tension can you slack off before you don't feel comfortable playing?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
The heavier the strings, the lower you can tune and keep it playable. It really is that simple. Want it REALLY heavy? Use bass strings.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I've got a 25.5 scale Schecter Omen in Drop B. How low do you need to go? It depends more on your strings than scale length.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
^ yes.

Though if you have a 25.5" scale guitar already you can easily go down to drop A with .60's, and lower if you get bigger strings and/or you like your strings sloppy.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Cajundaddy
The heavier the strings, the lower you can tune and keep it playable. It really is that simple. Want it REALLY heavy? Use bass strings.

+1

I think the ultimate limiting factor here would be how much you can drill out your tuning peg. Cutting your nut is implied.

Then there's the 20Hz (E 2 octaves down from guitar standard 82Hz E) that is pretty much the bottom minimum that most gear will put out, and you'll only get that on certain PA type speakers/amps. And it's arguable how much of that fundamental our ears really care about.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Spambot_2
^ yes.

Though if you have a 25.5" scale guitar already you can easily go down to drop A with .60's, and lower if you get bigger strings and/or you like your strings sloppy.

.060 in A is going to be pretty floppy on a 25,5" scale, .062 is pretty much minimum unless you really like spaghetti.

Well in theory you can go as low as you like on any scale, but it may sound muddy below a certain threshold (generally I haven't seen bands go lower than drop A on a regular scale guitar) and is going to require ridiculously thick strings. Generally it's a good idea to get something with longer scale length if you want to go below B, more clarity and tighter low end.
i did Drop Ab on a 6 string with a .60 and it had a lot of tension and it intonate properly which i think is funny
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
That's interesting... I've tried everything between 56 and 64 for drop A on a 26,5" scale and 62 was the thinnest acceptable without flying all over the place.