Hey guys, I'm planning on getting myself an iPad Air for christmas (Yes I know the Air 2 is coming soon but I dgaf) and was wondering if anyone knew anything about interfaces for it, I'm planning on turning it into a little demo machine.

Looking at the Apogee Jam and Line6 Mobile In at the moment, but I'm open to any suggestion.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Really, really depends on what you wanna do with it.

Most interfaces nowadays are USB class compliant anyway, so if you do have one of these scarlett you keep talking 'bout you should be able to use it with the iPad if you get a camera connection kit.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have heard of great things of the iRig Pro and apparently it also comes with a free download for Amplitude which is a good amp modeler that you can use with Garage Band to record.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
The Apogee Duet and Quartet now support iOS, so if you have the budget for it you may as well get all sorts of crazy
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
If you've got a scarlett I'm pretty sure they're class compliant, so you can use them. Otherwise I'd go with an Apogee of some sort, never been happy with the sounds of any iRig stuff I've heard but everyone raves about the Apogee gear.
I just got the Line6 Sonic Port VX, it is awsome comes with mobile POD (loaded with effects, presets and access to tone sharing.) Has built in mics for recording vocals or ambient sounds, whatever. Only $199 and charges your ipad while plugged into usb charging adapter.

Great option IMHO
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
I have a Saffire, the Scarlett's daddy if you will. Which according to Google is NOT class compliant.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Dec 9, 2014,
Be sure to spend a few bucks and get the full suite of Positive Grid apps, Bias iOS and JamUp ProXT which is the best sounding modeling/emulator software out there right now.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Quote by Dazzl1113
Be sure to spend a few bucks and get the full suite of Positive Grid apps, Bias iOS and JamUp ProXT which is the best sounding modeling/emulator software out there right now on iOS.
FTFY.
Quote by chatterbox272
If you've got a scarlett I'm pretty sure they're class compliant, so you can use them. Otherwise I'd go with an Apogee of some sort, never been happy with the sounds of any iRig stuff I've heard but everyone raves about the Apogee gear.
First iRig used to sound pretty bad 'cause it didn't do any conversion, just adapted impedance from the guitar to the mic input.

I'd still get the apogee JAM for guitar only if money wasn't a problem, even if now the iRig pro isn't gonna sound worse considering you're gonna pass everything through an amp sim anyway.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I have a Saffire, the Scarlett's daddy if you will. Which according to Google is NOT class compliant.
The USB saffire's the son of the scarlett's afaik.

Anyway, the USB 2.0 saffire 6 is class compliant, the USB 1.1 one isn't.
That's what I know at least, just drop a line to focusrite's customer support and ask them.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have the USB1.1 one. And no, the Saffire 6 was the precursor to the Scarlet 2i4. It was a big topic on these forums when the Saffire 6 was phased out for the Scarlet. That is why the old interface thread used to recommend either for the entry level.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I'd go with an Apogee interface if it were me. No sense spending that kind of money on an Apple product if you're not going to get the best hardware to go with it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com