Hello guys,
i recently bought Seymour Duncans SSL 1's for my mex fender stratocaster.
I decided to replace all the pot's and wiring too, they were a bit old anyways, so, i gave it a shot. I replaced everything following the seymour duncan wiring scheme that was included with the SSL 1's, but i can't seem to get any sound out of the damn thing! Not even some noise when touching the pickup with a screwdriver. It's driving me nuts! Can someone help me?

Oh yes, the two extra wires on the 5 way selector switch is a modification with a push pull pot so i can have 2 more combinations between the 3 pickups.

Thanks in advance

the schematic i used:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/products/electric/stratocaster/501010-100.pdf
Attachments:
fender 2.jpeg
it's hard to tell by the photo so here's some tips. I can wire up a strat in my sleep honestly.

first check and see if any wires are touching the shielding inside the control cavity

if not it sounds like the hot lead is the problem.
the first thing I'd check is the middle lug on the volume pot and make sure it's going out to the input jack

next the lug on the left of the volume pot called the hot lead I'd make sure it's going to both "0" positions on the selector. Without a common (0) it doesn't activate that particular pole to use 1/3/5

other than that look for cold solder joints. I just posted this on here. It's my modern strat wiring it has 2 band EQ and a 7 way mod.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Tallwood13/pictures/personal/1290131/
Thanks for your response, i found the fault. The new fender pot was broken...
glad I could help. That sucks that the potentiometer broke. I've broken 2 maybe in my life. What I learned from it was when grounding the volume pots use the extra bit of leads from a capacitor to help ground the pot. Saw Jackson or LTD do it and it was a great idea.

but hopefully you have warranty on it and they can give you a new one. When in doubt to have 100% assurance that the potentiometer is faulty set a multimeter to 2000k in ohms and see if there is a reading at 10 and a reading at 0.

in regards to tone chasing though try linear pots (B250k lets say) or the kinman treble bleed. Your guitars sound is more consistent 10-1 so you can practice late at night and so forth.