I was playing my MIM Strat earlier today and everything was working fine. I unplugged my rp500 and then plugged it back in, and my guitar quit making noise. There is no output whatsoever. Now I am running it just to my amp (which the amp and cable work with my other guitar) and still nothing. I tightened up the input jack and opened the guitar up to check the wires, and everything is in place. When I tap the end of the cable, it makes the buzzing noise, but as soon as it is all the way in the guitar the noise stops entirely. Any ideas? I could swap out the input jack from a cheap guitar I have to check if that is the problem. I'm very confused about this. Thank you guys!
try a new input jack. I remember when I started playing guitar I had this guitar I bought dirt cheap off of craigslist and I thought the guitars wiring was faulty but I ended up swapping the cable and problem solved.

however I'd try other guitars through the same setup and see just to have assurance that it isn't the guitar. I remember wiring up a mexican strat a few weeks ago around the time the new pink floyd record came out and I put copper shielding tape in it to improve the tone of the guitar and long story short a CRL switch I ended up putting tape over the selectors contacts and problem solved.
A wire had to have come loose.
Maybe the volume pot got stuck closed? Did the switch go bad? Did you try any of the other pickup positions? (I know, dumb question, but it's important)
Input jack is not a likely cause if it's making good contact on the cable. it's just a piece of metal.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
try a new input jack. I remember when I started playing guitar I had this guitar I bought dirt cheap off of craigslist and I thought the guitars wiring was faulty but I ended up swapping the cable and problem solved.

however I'd try other guitars through the same setup and see just to have assurance that it isn't the guitar. I remember wiring up a mexican strat a few weeks ago around the time the new pink floyd record came out and I put copper shielding tape in it to improve the tone of the guitar and long story short a CRL switch I ended up putting tape over the selectors contacts and problem solved.
None of the pickup configurations work. I will check again on the wires and volume pot. Thanks