Would using one or more compression pedals make tone smoother while having gain turned back? But still make legato/tapping ring out or be effortless.

I'm not sure I'm explaining this right. Really I want more clarity but if I turn the gain down, it'll make my legato/tapping not as strong and lack sustain.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yeah that should work. that's one of the few instances where you really much need a compressor if you're playing with a dirty tone- getting to use less gain so it's clearer-sounding (or just less distorted because that's the tone that's needed for the piece in question), but without losing your sustain and compression etc.

EDIT: since you already have an 808 it might be worth trying it as a boost with the gain on the amp turned down in case you get enough compression that way. You've probably tried that already, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bought a Wampler Ego Compressor today. Until today, I had never heard of Wampler so I was a bit skeptical. I like what this has done for my sound however.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by amonamarthmetal
I bought a Wampler Ego Compressor today. Until today, I had never heard of Wampler so I was a bit skeptical. I like what this has done for my sound however.

i played one of those and they are pretty awesome, with the blend knob (or whatever they call it) it worked very well.

i am going diamond though as far as i know at the moment.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/