I really want to get a sound like their Midian album.

I have some cheap Ibanez guitar which i plan on upgrading here soon. And i Roland cube 20x

I was wondering what should i all get to get a sound like them. Im totally lost when it comes to guitar gear and pedals. Any help would be amazing. Thanks
Could buy a metal bucket and hit it when a large object repeatedly?

No, seriously though, I would upgrade the amp first before you do anything. Especially when gigging is concerned, but it's down to what you want. If you're wanting something that's more comfortable to play I'd go for the guitar, especially if a guitar would excite you into playing it because of the way it looks or whatever.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Need a budget. Used 6505+ 112 and whatever guitar you are comfortable with.

I'll also put this out there right now: You aren't ever going to sound like your favorite band. You can get close, but you can't match the tone of a professionally recorded album. You'll be happier just developing your own ear and slowly working towards developing your own sound.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I think that was a Blackstar Series One. The cheapest way out of it would probably be something like a JCM2000 DSL100/50.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I think that was a Blackstar Series One. The cheapest way out of it would probably be something like a JCM2000 DSL100/50.

Yup. My quick search was quite a few pictures of one of the guitarists showing off his Blackstar Series amps.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
Yup. My quick search was quite a few pictures of one of the guitarists showing off his Blackstar Series amps.

Im aware ill never get pitch perfect. But close sounds, hell even a better sound that what i have now will make me happy

Are the blackstar series amps good?

Budget 300-500$?
Last edited by ibanezn00b5 at Dec 9, 2014,
Quote by Fisheth24
Could buy a metal bucket and hit it when a large object repeatedly?

No, seriously though, I would upgrade the amp first before you do anything. Especially when gigging is concerned, but it's down to what you want. If you're wanting something that's more comfortable to play I'd go for the guitar, especially if a guitar would excite you into playing it because of the way it looks or whatever.

Id love to upgrade both. Becuase this amp is actually not mine im just borrowing it from a friend. So id like to give it back to him at some point

THe guitar would have to stay ibanez, as i cant get used to other guitars fretboards and positioning of the brides and pickups
Quote by ibanezn00b5
Im aware ill never get pitch perfect. But close sounds, hell even a better sound that what i have now will make me happy

Are the blackstar series amps good?

Budget 300-500$?

The Series One's are pretty good, the HT series are rubbish. But Blackstar are lying, unethical arseholes so even if they were good, I couldn't in good conscience recommend them.

A used DSL is your best bet at that price. Maybe even a DSL401. Whatever you can find cheap. However, steer away from any JCM2000 made before 2003.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Might want to be more specific: CoF have been going a hell of a long time and have had about 3-4 guitarists, which era are you thinking of?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Might want to be more specific: CoF have been going a hell of a long time and have had about 3-4 guitarists, which era are you thinking of?

Midian - Paul, Gian

Also would like the Nymphetamine era. My fav

Paul and James
lip rings, lots of lip rings.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Buy my PRS SE Paul Allender guitar and then a DLS40C and you get closer