Hi,
I've been looking around for a pedal of some sort that can do like a dual guitar harmonizer effect for example like a lot of Corey Beaulieu's solos.
I get pretty confused between all the pitch shifters and different harmonizer pedals.
I have a Boss PS-5 but i can't manage to get the right sound, am I doing something wrong?
Is there any other good pedal out there at a reasonable price capable of this sound?

Thanks
Learn some theory, then apply it to your songs, try a minor third harmony in the key that you are playing in. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I'd do here.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I don't mean to do dual guitars on a recording but to do it live with a single guitar.
Quote by foolman
I don't mean to do dual guitars on a recording but to do it live with a single guitar.

Yeah, that's what I'm meaning, I think the PS5 has all the options for key and so on, am I thinking of the wrong pedal?

Also Corey uses an emulation of an Eventide Harmonizer live.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I have the Boss PS-6 Harmonist and it does that exactly.

You have to specify the scale that you're playing in and if it's major or minor then select what kind of harmony you want.

Also your instrument has to be in perfect tune otherwise it sounds crappy. But when you do it all right it sounds pretty good.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
It's called having two guitarists like a lot of Melodic Death Metal bands or being as good as someone like Bill Steer to play the same lick twice, perfectly with a different harmony, recording both and layering them. That's how it's done on record.

But that PS-6 seems like your best bet, god I want one for Carcass, Arch Enemy, Dissection, and At The Gates covers.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Quote by Tulkas

Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Last edited by entropicxdisson at Dec 10, 2014,