So, I've been having trouble with my Boss GT-10 multi effects processor for quite a while now. Here's what happened.

I was recording away, using headphones to monitor my guitar, everything going well. However, when I finished recording and went to unplug everything, the 1/4" jack adapter that I was using broke apart inside the headphone socket of my GT-10!

Parts of the jack adapter came tumbling out, but unfortunately, not all of it. The tip is still inside, secured inside the socket it seems, which now makes it impossible to properly monitor playback and recording through it using headphones. It's heartbreaking.

The reason I'm posting is to see if anyone can help me out at all. If you have a Boss GT-10 (preferably) or even another similar Boss multi fx unit, could you please take a photograph or two of the headphone socket, so that I can see the inside of it as it's meant to look normally? I can see into mine, but I'm not sure exactly what's left of the adapter and what's actually part of the socket itself.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most... - Ozzy Osbourne
Hard to take a clear pic of an area that dark & small to be of any use. Replacing the socket should be easy if its not board mounted, it probably is board mounted though. Got a pic of the parts that came tumbling out?
Couldn't you just pull out the broken tip? It would just be a nickel or gold plated tip, right? Easy to distinguish from the jack.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Quote by steven_ferns84
Hard to take a clear pic of an area that dark & small to be of any use. Replacing the socket should be easy if its not board mounted, it probably is board mounted though. Got a pic of the parts that came tumbling out?

Quote by Funk Monk
Couldn't you just pull out the broken tip? It would just be a nickel or gold plated tip, right? Easy to distinguish from the jack.

@Funk Monk It's a nickel tip, but the input looks similarly coloured.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the broken parts @steven_ferns84. It happened quite a while ago and the broken parts of the jack got chucked out. I'm pretty sure the socket is board mounted, which is unfortunate (and also why the repair guy I know didn't want to open it up and try to replace it). Just finding a way to get in deep enough to the socket and grab it with something has proven quite difficult though, as it's quite narrow for needle nosed pliers, and try to use thin Allen / hex keys just doesn't do anything. I'm looking at getting cheap surgical clamps that I could maybe put inside while closed, then open to pull the jack upwards, but it seems to be quite firmly secured in there.
Sometimes you've just gotta replace the jack.

If it turns out to be a non-standard jack, contact Roland. They're service department is pretty good.

And next time, don't use cheap cables.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 10, 2014,
I can take mine apart tomorrow. I know the jacks are soldered straight to the pcb btw.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Sounds to me like he just needs to open it up and push the part that is wedged out.
Would it be too awful expensive to consult a local audio repairman on this?
I think there are a few Boss GT-10 tear down videos floating around, maybe those will be helpful.
Managed to snap the back of the plastic enclosure off of the jack enclosure and then force the tip of the jack out. This was the 3rd tactic, but worked anyway.

Thanks for your responses. =)

P.S. Roland customer service were not at all helpful in this instance.