I'm new here so I'm not 100% sure I'm posting this in the right area but here goes. Lately I've been having issues with really loud, high-pitched feedback when I'm playing my guitar. I'm playing a Schecter Ultra III into a boss ME-30 multi pedal (metal dist. setting w/ noise supress and EQ turned on), a boss NS-2 noise suppressor after the ME-30 and an orange crush CR60C 60W solid state amp, clean channel (channel volume at 2.5 live w/ master turned all the way up)

I've tried everything I can think of and whenever I'm playing, I get drowned out by feedback. Can anyone help?
Sounds like your using a lot of gain. Standing father away will help, especially if you normally play right in front of your amp. If your standing down the hall and your getting feedback, it's just too much gain.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Last edited by Funk Monk at Dec 10, 2014,
Yes you're using too much gain and too much distortion, turn down something.
Or face the other direction, but I'd rather turn down stuff if I was you.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I've tried moving farther away, but normally I'm in an enclosed space. I've tried turning the treble's down on my pedal and the amp but I'll try turning other things down. Thanks!
another thing is ive turned the volume and drive on my distortion down, but when i turn the amp up to match the other guitar player it usually comes back
^ no way around that if you don't wanna turn down the gain too much.

You either need to turn the gain down enough or the master volume down enough.
And disengage any compression you might be having around 'cause of the mfx processor.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Yeah, I think the issue is the drive on my actual distortion setting (my clean channel doesnt have a gain or drive option). Been playing over 4 years, still clueless to the technology aspect of it all -__- though I do know the metal setting on the ME-30 is a lot more gain-y than the other settings, and i have the drive set to 100. So you guys are probably right
Yeah usually having the gain set to 100 on anything is a surefire way to produce a ton of feedback at volume.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I just never thought about it because i do that with my other settings (i switch between metal and fuzz) and it's the only one that feeds back.
Quote by IAmBrotherSpace
Yeah, I think the issue is the drive on my actual distortion setting (my clean channel doesnt have a gain or drive option). Been playing over 4 years, still clueless to the technology aspect of it all -__- though I do know the metal setting on the ME-30 is a lot more gain-y than the other settings, and i have the drive set to 100. So you guys are probably right

Try other drives, I think there was a Rat and Guvnor Sim.
Quote by diabolical
Try other drives, I think there was a Rat and Guvnor Sim.

I don't think the issue here is the quality of the drive, at least at this point. It's just too much drive.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Is this feedback that is a constant squeal or does it go away when you mute the strings?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
if i mute it well enough it goes away, it usually only squeals while i'm playing or if i leave the strings open
Quote by Funk Monk
I don't think the issue here is the quality of the drive, at least at this point. It's just too much drive.

Different distortion - different reaction to the signal as it is a completely different internal gain structure. I do agree that he is probably running it hot, but it seems to be borderline so a minor tweak might fix it. I was simply suggesting some of the ones that I know sound good on this modeler.

I didn't realize you had an external noise gate, maybe try that in front of the ME and see if you can clamp up more of it.
Quote by IAmBrotherSpace
if i mute it well enough it goes away, it usually only squeals while i'm playing or if i leave the strings open

It's working correctly then.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100