Page 1 of 2
Self explanatory. Post great Jazz and Funk musings. I started listing to a few Jazz artists and I am really starting to get into it. Post anything you like, I am willing to try it. will check back in a few hours.

Jazz does not have to be guitar related.

pls no trolling
inb4 get the funk out of my face
KIFFLOM
doesnt get anymore funky and jazzy than buckethead' pop override album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xYtyJGQHU
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Maggot Brain by Funkadelic is classic
A Tribute to Jack Johnson is my favorite miles Davis
speaking of Davis, Betty Davis is the funkiest music ever.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Respectively, Take 5 by the dave brubeck quartet and Brother Strut.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Insane Funeral has some jazzy bits.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

the fact that someone posted something by fcking buckethead in this thread hurts my soul

get with it ya jive fckers

Quote by Trowzaa

this

the bridge part on Genesis Ascendant that may be interesting for some people is very #jazzy
banned
Quote by snipelfritz

A Tribute to Jack Johnson is my favorite miles Davis

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by chrismendiola at Dec 10, 2014,
For funk, check out Parliament's Mothership Connection. Poliphony's s/t album is a great jazz fusion album infused with funky riffs and stuff. For Jazz, Miles Davis' Kind of Blue is amazing and if you're ever in a position where you need some smooth music to impress a date then A Love Supreme by Coltrane is the way to go. I've been falling in love with Charles Mingus myself but he was suggested by someone else.
Last edited by Eryth at Dec 10, 2014,
RHCP's cover of If You Want Me to Stay.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
RHCP's cover of If You Want Me to Stay.

lmao jeez really? the sly version is so much better stop hurting my soul here it's bad enough that fucking buckethead was mentioned in this thread before anything george clinton let's not make it any worse alright pal

Quote by MinterMan22
lmao jeez really? the sly version is so much better stop hurting my soul here it's bad enough that fucking buckethead was mentioned in this thread before anything george clinton let's not make it any worse alright pal

look out everyone.

it's the funk police
Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans Bill Evans

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by deadsmileyface
this

the bridge part on Genesis Ascendant that may be interesting for some people is very #jazzy

You two really need to get a fucking life. It's just sad as hell now.

OT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zriS77PCaTk
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 10, 2014,
Quote by snipelfritz
Maggot Brain by Funkadelic is classic

it is like the most funk album it's so good
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
it is like the most funk album it's so good

I forgot that it was the title track, so I thought he was referring to the song and I was thinking that it was the least funk thing ever.
Quote by Eryth
if you're ever in a position where you need some smooth music to impress a date then A Love Supreme by Coltrane is the way to go.

u wot m8
#DTWD
Last edited by gonzaw at Dec 10, 2014,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
look out everyone.

it's the funk police

give up the funk you punk.

Yeah, gonzaw gets it...except that there is never enough of the funk.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73EDKVHO2TM

think it's actually like rio part 9 or smth on the album i have by him but this is how i found it i guess. probably more akin to classical or whatever but he does other more jazzy/bluesy stuff as well

really good stuff. the "uh" kinda make me lol though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHdU5sHigYQ

obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yArd182I3aU

i think these guys are massively underappreciated
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 11, 2014,
Page 1 of 2