This thread is feeling kinky, show her some love (SONGWRITING - Week 44)

Poll: Best song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best song?
Song 1
4 36%
Song 2
1 9%
Song 3
1 9%
Song 4
5 45%
Voters: 11.
Hey there m8

Santas are bloodthirsty creatures.

Announcements: We’d decided to not have a break after all, but seeing as there haven’t been many submissions lately we are indeed stopping for a little bit.

So:
- We’ll most likely be back on January 5th (4th for most of you) (check the schedule thing on our group page)

- There will be a thread on December 22nd (21st for most of you) to elect the best song of the year. (Don't submit songs for this thread. K tnx)

- I’m pretty sure there's still something I forgot to announce, but hey whatevs

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "In the Morning" (sickman411)

2 - "Event Horizon" (FoOltz)

3 - "daggers and mean smiles" (deadsmileyface)

4 - "Sakujo" (whywefight)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song, from Trifonas, the song "Around Here", with 6 votes!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Sunday. The winner of this week's voting will become a Santa in our group. Or a Zwarte Piet.

------------------
Discovery Channel should get their hands on this. “Laplandiest Catch". No?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg7xbeiZf5I

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33106667
Went with wwf.

What am I gonna do without this group for 3 weeks?

Also wwf, just curious, but any word on the song from a while ago your drummer was working on?
Last edited by chev311e at Dec 10, 2014,
Oh yeah he sent me a version that he said he really wanted to change some stuff on. It was kinda rough but I can send it to you
Quote by chev311e
Went with wwf.

Also wwf, just curious, but any word on the song from a while ago your drummer was working on?

create songs and pick ur best one for the contest in 3 weeks maybe ?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by chev311e

Weren't you supposed to put together an album? Do that!

Also, maybe we can try and write something (last time we did it was fun)
Quote by whywefight
Oh yeah he sent me a version that he said he really wanted to change some stuff on. It was kinda rough but I can send it to you

Yea that would be cool just to hear his first draft.

@zep: yea I was... Just being lazy haha and definitely we should collab again. It turned out awesome.
So we're not supposed to vote on the quality of the recording/production...but do I take into account how much vodka I've consumed between listening to each song??

They are all pretty awesome though. Good work all.
Si
Damn it I forgot to listen and vote. If only the poll had stayed open for one more hour...

Anyway, none of the songs was really very much my type of thing this week, but I think I would have voted for FoOltz. Any way I voted wouldn't have changed anything anyway, unless I voted for myself, which I wouldn't.
Holy shit sick, sweet tune, very bowie.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Oh thanks man, I sort of made it in a rush to make it to 4 songs because it's the minimum number of songs for a thread and we'd already waited for a 4th song for 3 days past the supposed threadmaking date. I totally didn't expect it to even get any votes

Also I love it when I get randomly compared to Bowie for songs that I thought had no direct influence from him