Hello everyone I posted this thread here cause I didn't really know where to post it and people tend to be pretty helpful. I have been playing guitar for about two years now and I always had an interest in playing lefty so when my right shoulder starting giving me pain when I played I switched over to lefty(I saw a doctor but he couldn't really tell me what was wrong and said it probably wasn't serious and would go away soonish).

Now though I am wanting to consider switching back over to righty and want to know if anyone has had this problem. The pain starts as soon as I put my arm in an angle that lets me play righty and builds up while it is in that position and will carry over to when I next play like that. I have EDS(ehlers danlos syndrome) so I figured that probably contributed.
I am not asking here instead of seeing a doctor I just want to know if anyone has had this.
Thanks for any and all help

Oh and P.S. I play blues/rock so it's not like I'm trying to shred-though I would like to be able to speed pick occasionally.
Feel free to comment if you have a suggestion as to how I can help this situation.
I was going to suggest wall slides/pull overs/internal/external rotations but since you have a hypermobility disorder I don't want to advise you because you're a different kettle of fish. Most people get issues with inflexibility and tension.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I bought an unusual guitar strap for my double neck guitar (the guitar weighs a ton). It's a strap that crosses over both shoulders at the same time so you end up with an "X" on your back and the guitars weight is distributed evenly on both shoulders. I bought it about 20 years ago but I don't know where I got it. When I get home tonight I will look in the case and see who makes it and post it later. It really does work.