any car knowledgeable people....lately I have had a few times that I've used my automatic starter and when I go into my car I found that it reset all of my stereo/radio settings and for some reason the A/C is on. I haven't noticed if it resets the clock too. Its happened 2-3 times now within the last month or two. Any clue what's going on?
What's an automatic car starter?

I mean, I can kind of guess, but I think my guess must be wrong because I can't see the point of it.
Quote by Jehannum

I mean, I can kind of guess, but I think my guess must be wrong because I can't see the point of it.

When it's -30 degrees out it's a big help. Warm up the car before going outside
Quote by Jehannum

It's a butler, rich people send them out to start their car when it's cold outside.
Quote by UltimateGuizar
It's a butler, rich people send them out to start their car when it's cold outside.

And yeah I meant remote car starter, my bad. I'll post in that thread somebody put as well.
the remote start probably interrupts the power from the battery, which would cause you to lose your radio settings. the radio has a slight flow of power at all times to maintain functions like stored settings and the clock

EDIT: if it's aftermarket get whoever installed it to look at it. if it isn't, find a place that does aftermarket installs in your area and ask them
bad install, only reason a radio would lose presets is if the power gets dropped. take it somewhere and have it looked at
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Can the car then be driven without a key? I guarantee criminals would target it in my country.