Page 1 of 2
Article

A 36-year-old Baltimore woman claims she was tased by police and arrested while filming the arrest of a man with her mobile phone, according to a lawsuit to be served on the Baltimore City Police Department as early as Thursday.

Video of the March 30 melee surfaced online this week. Police erased the 135-second recording from the woman's phone, but it was recovered from her cloud account, according to the Circuit Court for Baltimore City lawsuit (PDF), which seeks $7 million.

The lawsuit comes as at least one state, Illinois, moves to ban the recording of the police amid calls across the nation for cops to be equipped with body cameras to help prevent future police scuffles resulting in deaths.

Let the shit show commence
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Fucck the police.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Should have stopped resisting then.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

pretty poor use of the word 'claims' in the first sentence lol. Don't really have to 'claim' anything when the video footage shows it all

stupid media stupid police
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
not all police

Haven't you heard? It's against the law to film cops in the U.S. now I guess apparently.
The fact it says they deleted the video from her phone, but it was fortunately recovered from her cloud account of some sort, pretty much screams that they know they went too far straight away. If anything was going to come out that made more people lack trust in the police and the morals of most officers, this is a pretty good example.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
There's honestly dozens of new stuff like this popping up daily though. None of this is isolated.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
March 30 Melee sounds like a sweet band name
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Jesus christ it's 2014, smartphones have been around for years. Can people start recording stuff in landscape?
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Jesus christ it's 2014, video recording devices have been around for decades. Can cops stop being assholes when people record their actions?

Ftfy.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ftfy.

Apparently not.

Plenty of cops are good people, but the few who act out like this are just ****ing it up so hard that there needs to be better push back by cops against this sort of behavior instead of an unchecked, silent solidarity for inappropriate behavior and abuses of power.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Apparently not.

Plenty of cops are good people, but the few who act out like this are just ****ing it up so hard that there needs to be better push back by cops against this sort of behavior instead of an unchecked, silent solidarity for inappropriate behavior and abuses of power.

Exactly, which is why the idea of equipping cops with body cameras has become a thing.

The really fucked up thing is that, instead of drumming these kind of asshole cops out of the force, everyone just covers for them. So, the good cops suffer because the bad cops are still around. Ugh.
Quote by Weaponized
I don't see YOU GUYS going out risking ur lives to stop criminals so stfu

Which clearly means that when cops do things that are clear abuses, everyone should just let it slide, right? Right?

Yeah, no. We don't have to be cops to want to curb abuses of justice in the US police system.
i thought we already established this was okay

"The judge ruled that Maryland's wire tap law does not prohibit recording of voice or sound in areas where privacy cannot be expected and that a police officer on a traffic stop has no legal expectation of privacy."

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Graber

here's the video he recorded in which a plain clothes officer cuts him off on in traffic and pulls a gun on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bMSyJCsg
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Weaponized

wrong, i am the batman
banned
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ftfy.

Both would make the world a better place.

Seriously though, would body cameras even do much to fix the problem? Cops are still getting away with this kind of shit even when they are on camera.
Quote by Eastwinn

here's the video he recorded in which a plain clothes officer cuts him off on in traffic and pulls a gun on him

Thanks a lot, you asshole. I was trying to relax before bed but now I'm salty af after watching that.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Seriously though, would body cameras even do much to fix the problem? Cops are still getting away with this kind of shit even when they are on camera.

That's because many judges won't accept video taken by a civilian as admissible evidence. If the body camera thing became a reality, then courts would have to admit body camera footage as evidence.

Quote by Eastwinn
i thought we already established this was okay

"The judge ruled that Maryland's wire tap law does not prohibit recording of voice or sound in areas where privacy cannot be expected and that a police officer on a traffic stop has no legal expectation of privacy."

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Graber

Well, establishing court precedent isn't the same as passing a Federal law on the matter.

And until there's a Federal law (or numerous state laws) explicitly stating that it's not illegal to record a police officer's actions, then there's going to (unfortunately) be asshole cops who go too far over it. Combine that with what I said above, and you have the perfect recipe for abuse by these kind of assholes.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 11, 2014,
This anti-cop adolescence was annoying when libertarians did it, and its annoying now.
Quote by Rossenrot
This anti-cop adolescence was annoying when libertarians did it, and its annoying now.

it's annoying but at least it's justified now.
yeah before there were 0 shit cops abusing power and making terrible life ruining mistakes fueled by their fear of black people but now somehow there are so it is justified
Quote by Weaponized
yeah before there were 0 shit cops abusing power and making terrible life ruining mistakes fueled by their fear of black people but now somehow there are so it is justified

To be fair cops were always abusive, we've just got it on camera and shared it more now.
no all cop hate was just angsty losers but now it is real because we have the 1st ever case of a black person having the police take things a little too far

If you think this is some bullshit reverse racism because when a white person gets killed by cops no one cares, you are misinformed because I can assure you, Micheal Brown and Eric Garner are not the only two dead black people right now because of cops.

Why no white person name in news then? Because white people are less likely to be killed by cops for ANY REASON

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2014/11/28/chart-of-the-week-63-of-white-people-are-wrong-about-ferguson/

black person doing the same thing as a white person confronted by the police more likely to be killed

The media loves getting one of these eye-catching stories and running with them, look at that plane shit. I am happy it was finally finally finally about the no accountability problem we have with the police.
Quote by Weaponized

This is NO argument at all.
Quote by Weaponized
no all cop hate was just angsty losers but now it is real because we have the 1st ever case of a black person having the police take things a little too far

If you think this is some bullshit reverse racism because when a white person gets killed by cops no one cares, you are misinformed because I can assure you, Micheal Brown and Eric Garner are not the only two dead black people right now because of cops.

Why no white person name in news then? Because white people are less likely to be killed by cops for ANY REASON

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2014/11/28/chart-of-the-week-63-of-white-people-are-wrong-about-ferguson/

black person doing the same thing as a white person confronted by the police more likely to be killed

The media loves getting one of these eye-catching stories and running with them, look at that plane shit. I am happy it was finally finally finally about the no accountability problem we have with the police.

ok
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I don't think the answer is to badmouth all cops. I think the answer is to give them psychiatric evaluations before giving them any sort of weapon or authority.
this house is bitchin
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
To be fair SOME cops were always abusive, we've just got it on camera and shared it more now.

Fixed.

Most cops are standup people. It's just that we, as a society, tend to notice the assholes more.
Quote by caesar1156
ok

ftfy
Quote by Jehannum
This is NO argument at all.

heroes cant be evil, enough said
Quote by Rossenrot

There's a difference between being 'anti-cop' and feeling that public authority figures should be held accountable for their actions, the same as any citizen would.

Police are like any big enough social demographic - there are some great people there, some shining examples of humanity, but there's also a few dickheads that taint the group and are the reason for stereotyping of any kind for any social group.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by Weaponized
heroes cant be evil, enough said

If you're being a complete dickhead, are you really playing the part of a hero?
Page 1 of 2