Hey guys, holidays are coming up and I'm planning on getting one nice, new guitar, problem is, I won't have any opportunity to try it beforehand.

The electric I'm looking at is this Caparison: http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/22348/Caparison-C2-Series-HRG-QD-TBKB-Electric-Guitar-Transparent-Black-Burst/

But I'm worried it might actually be a step down from my Ibanez JEM 7vwh. I realize the different woods, pickups and massive price difference, etc, but, I've gone through so many guitars around this price point and I never tend to keep them, something is always underwhelming. So I'd really like your input as far as build quality/tone and Trem stability as far as the C2 line is concerned. One thing I'm considering is getting this Caparison, adding a Tremol-no and using it for drop tunings. How does this guitar compare to my JEM or to an LTD MH1000NT? How's the neck? Im looking to use this guitar mostly for j-rock and power metal, so I could use some input on the pickups as well, I prefer very high output, but without scooped mids.

The other guitar I'm looking at is a (Totally different genre, and wrong forum so forgive me please, but I'm lacking alot more info on the caparison than on this one, hence EG forum)
Lakewood Sungha Jung Sig model to replace my Taylor.
Lakewood If anyone has any experience with it, or specifically, with the LR Baggs Anthem pickup, then please let me know what you thought of it. A major part of the reason I'm looking to replace my Taylor is because I can't stand the Taylor Expression System, and I need a cutaway.

EDIT: I realize the pricing on the two guitars is totally different, but price wasn't really too much of a concern for the acoustic as I play alot of fingerstyle, and I'd be selling both a Martin and a Taylor to offset it. If I choose an electric, im limited to a $1500 budget.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
Last edited by battlespud at Dec 12, 2014,
Caparisons are excellent guitars, but why buy an axe with a trem if you're going to block it from the get-go? You'd be better off with a high-end hardtail
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
As for the Lakewood, it will live up to its rep. But if you post in the Acoustic guitar forum, you'll get a lot more detail on that, plus some worthy alternatives if patticake drops in.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Caparisons are excellent guitars, but why buy an axe with a trem if you're going to block it from the get-go? You'd be better off with a high-end hardtail

TBH, I just like the way that guitars with FR bridges "feel", even if I don't use the trem much. And I plan on getting the "Deep C" variant, since I occasionally do dive, but pretty much never pull up. And its always nice to have the option. Any idea on if the C2 line specifically lives up to the regular Caparison hype tho?
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
Can't help there- sorry.

I've only tried one regular caparison, and I'm not sure it lived up to the regular caparison hype

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice guitar, but the prices are crazy outside of japan- it was more or less just like a nice Ibanez prestige. Which is a fine guitar in its own right, but at the time I tried the Caparison you could have got an Ibanez prestige for one quarter of the price.

I haven't tried the C2- they say they're still MIJ, so I'm guessing they're at least decent, but at the same time I'm guessing they're not as good as the regular caparisons. If I had to guess, i'd guess they're at a similar quality level to the now-discontinued bolt-on MIJ Jacksons. Which were nice guitars, but I wouldn't want to pay £1000 for one, either (that's what the C2s cost in the UK).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?