Hello everyone,

I was scrolling through my craigslist and I found a person selling an Team J-Craft Ibanez Prestige RG2550E for $505: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/4771673924.html

I was looking at ebay, and they seem to go for 700-1000 usually? Should I be vary of looking further into this guitar?

Thanks!
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive
Why not just go check it out. Sometimes you find deals on craigslist.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Those pickup looks weird, RG2550E should have Ibz/Dimarzio in them, the birdge is not the same color as the other hardware, it should be "Cosmic black", this one looks silver-ish.

ask the sellers what pickup and what bridge is there and reply here, might be the reason the "value" is less.
Ibanez have a low re-sale value usually. They build them too closely together so none really stand out and they are so cut throat to sell them. When I was flipping guitars I would avoid Ibanez at all costs.

sometimes guys are just desperate. I got a BC Rich NJ deluxe for 250$ with a hardshell case (1200-ish new in canada). With the saved money get the frets leveled and you'll have some money for whatever upgrades they want. BUT there are counterfeit ibanez out there I'd mention the sites but I don't want to get in trouble on here.
I don't know where you live, but Ibanez has the same "re-sale" value as any other current make. They go for about 60% of the price of a new one.

That being said, the price of the one on craigslist is lower than what you would find anywhere on the market. And, as I told, the pickups and bridge does looks weird. The pickup looks like those cheap replacement, far far away from the Ibz/Dimarzio found on this model. Same goes for the bridge. Maybe it's a "project" guitar the dude rebuilt with cheap parts, maybe it's counterfeit, but an RG Prestige of this model goes for a lot more used, either on classified or on eBay
What bugs me the most is the 502, why the 2? Why not just a straight 500?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
What bugs me the most is the 502, why the 2? Why not just a straight 500?

Same. Usually that's a sign that it isn't real. But if it is real it just proves that the seller is a just a tad bit out of their mind.
That doesn't look real to me, the pickups are giving me warning signs.

You never know, could be real and stolen however... But if something doesn't feel right to you, don't go for it
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100