Page 1 of 2
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30447565

Speaking at a Q&A session in California, he said it wasone of the most requested features the social network receives from its users.

He said the site would need to find a way to make sure it did not become a way to demean people's posts.

What does the Pit think.

I would actually like a "dislike" button on Facebook..Though it would probably start more arguments than anything else to begin with.

And, the international self esteem level would so skyrocket.

Thoughts?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I'd prefer a button that would allow me to send someone round to the user and slap them in the chops.

Of course, I'd have an opt-out on the being slapped bit, or my face(which some might charitably say already bears some resemblance to an arse) would look like a skelpt arse in under 10 minutes.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
ok.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
It would cause a shitstorm on just about every post on Facebook.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
a really really bad idea.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
chief keef will be happy since it will be easier to share that shit he don't like
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It will turn FB into reddit

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
the main population of facebook is 40 year olds who get assblasted over opposing political views so I don't see the problem
this house is bitchin
I think the big question is which is better out of the other FB alternatives to go to, Ello.co, Seen.is, Tsu.co etc
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
it's a bad idea indeed. i guess they do it becaus it's weird to 'like' bad news such as a funeral or something. but disliking such post seems really impersonal to me.
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
I think FB should have a dislike button for pages, but not for individual posts.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Quote by CaptainCanti
the main population of facebook is 40 year olds who get assblasted over opposing political views so I don't see the problem

No, that's not the main population at all. Just one demographic. Get with it, canti.
It's a terrible idea. It's not just some anonymous internet forum, and many people have really fragile egos.

I'd like it though because I could use it to tell all my relatives + some of my peers that they are idiots for posting their dumb shit (which falls into three categories: racist, classist, or overly patriotic- or any combination) without actually having to call them idiots.

Quote by CaptainCanti

But I wouldn't do it because this is true, and because people take it way too seriously.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Dec 12, 2014,
Quote by slipknot5678
It's a terrible idea. It's not just some anonymous internet forum, and many people have really fragile egos.

that's the best part
Quote by theogonia777
chief keef will be happy since it will be easier to share that shit he don't like

Quote by WCPhils
that's the best part

Yeah but it could just be more legitimate cyberbullying.

Like some young teenager who's just using social media (idk I guess people use this stuff from a really young age now, though probably more interesting outlets than facebook) might be depressed and harassed in real life and there could suddenly be 100 dislikes on a normal picture or something, which while small just makes it worse.
Cool but I'd rather have Facebook stop selling user's data to the illuminati. 360 nospoce half life 3 confirmed #doritosgate
It'd be cool but if someone's posting so much shit that I dislike it then I'd just unfriend them/unfollow.

I think they're talking about its use for certain situations. Like when someone posts 'RIP Mom.' You obviously don't like the fact their Mom has died but there's no other way to interact with the status to show your support/acknowledge it, unless you comment.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
There is a dislike button. It's called "I don't want to see this". Just hide shit you don't care about. Eventually, it'll stop getting attention so they'll stop posting.

Also, not being friends with stupid people is the best prophylactic.
You mean they're pondering the thing that people have been asking for since the introduction of the "Like" button? It's about time.
It's a really bad idea, can't see anything good coming from it. Can't see it do anything but start arguments, stop people from posting, and be used to bully people.
Honestly I don't use facebook at all, but it's a dumb idea. People who dislike things can voice it by typing it out, really it's just making it convenient for them.
so if a friend posts that a relative died do you like or dislike it

and is there a difference between flammable and inflammable
Quote by whywefight

It depends on whether you liked their relative or not.

Quote by whywefight

No, if you are determined enough, everything burns.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
I vote that all "like" and "star" systems on the internet just be completely removed.

+1
Quote by theogonia777

nice
banned

but nobody under the age of 30 still uses fb.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I vote that all "like" and "star" systems on the internet just be completely removed.

but then how are people going to get that free drink promotion at tacoland?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Allow me to post dick pics and we'll call it an even trade.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by whywefight

this is one of the best posts i've ever seen on this forum

look at the elegance of the double line break
i don't know why i feel so dry
Facebook is for clickbait, stalking hotties, and causing drama as is. A dislike button seems only to be the next logical step.
Quote by theogonia777

bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Weaponized
just give an option to have your shit un-dislikeable and make it anonymous

ding ding ding
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 2