Alright, I've been searching all over for what I should get for my rig... I've been reading up a lot on different midi controlled effects units and stuff as I'm doing some huge revamps to my live rig for my band.

I play in a thrash/Traditional/power metal band with 2 guitar players and we use a lot of effects for some of the songs.

Basically what I need is something that will change the channels on my amp and add boosts/delays/compression/etc and can be set up and torn down quickly.

I read about Jim Matheos of Fates Warning using just a TC Electronics G Major and a ground control for his live rig. http://www.guitargeek.com/jim-matheos-fates-warning-2011-guitar-rig-and-gear-setup-diagram/ and though I'd love to do something very similar.

So, any other multieffects processors/pedals I should know about, and what foot controller should I look into? I literally need 4 channels for clean, light crunch, heavy crunch, and solo with boost and it has to work with my JCM2000 DSL100!
If it's only for fx, I'd take an alesis quadraverb 2 + a behringer FCB1010.

The DSL doesn't have midi connectivity though, so unless you want to use amp sims from the midi controlled processor you'll still have to change channels on the amp with its footswitch.
Unless they invented some midi to marshall footswitch standard I don't know of.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The FCB1010 has relay outputs that can switch the amp. So do the Boss GT units.

Edit: So does the G-Major
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 12, 2014,
I definitely don't want to use amp sims! I want to use my amp's preamp and use a midi foot controller to make presets!

Also, any recommendations as to what foot controller I should get?
If you get a GT-100 you'll have everything in one unit. That's the way I went. I used to use rack gear, now I just use the GT-100. Or a GT-10, just check it also has an amp control jack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 12, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard
If you get a GT-100 you'll have everything in one unit. That's the way I went. I used to use rack gear, now I just use the GT-100. Or a GT-10, just check it also has an amp control jack.

I'll keep this in mind!! I was looking into the GT10/GT100 for exactly this reason, but didn't know the functionality. Thanks a ton! If I find a good deal on one of these, I may have to get it!