Hi

I love seymour duncans distortion hambucker sh-6. But I have one guitar to replace a single coil in the middle, do you know any distortion pickup for the middle like sh-6?
I prefer seymour duncan
I saw dimarzio distortion has a single coil distortion, do you recomend anything else?
Thnaks
you realise it won't sound the same in the middle position as the bridge position (I assume that's where you tried the duncan distortion), right? i'd generally use the bridge pickup for distortion tones (you might be different, of course).

I don't have much experience with single coil-sized humbuckers unfortunately. I've only really tried the hotrails really, and I don't much like it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hot rails is only I can think of.

Might want to write the guys from Lace Sensor, they specialize in low noise single coil pickups, the Red Hot, I think is the one you'd need but they might have other, they're simply phenomenal, customized a friends Fender and it was an instant "wow":
http://www.lacemusic.com/sensors.php

Search reveals another Seymour option:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/telecaster/high-output/

Wilkinson also pops up:

http://www.byoguitar.com/Guitars/Wilkinson-Single-Coil-Pickup---High-Output__MWHS.aspx
Last edited by diabolical at Dec 13, 2014,
Quote by diabolical
BTW, I think the Yngwie seues is also high output staggered single coils...

nope yngwie uses really low output pups. his thing is amp loudness with clear sounding pickups

agree that Lace Sensor may be a good way to go. look at the Red and the Blue. red is high output but may not sound great in the middle. blue is more like a PAF but may be better for the middle position.
Last edited by monwobobbo at Dec 13, 2014,
I'd just leave it, normal single coils have an excellent sound, bite that the HB don't have. So they are noisy and harsh, a HSH setup is the most versatile. I use my middle position a lot for crunch and clean.
Quote by monwobobbo
nope yngwie uses really low output pups.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
have you looked at dmarzio? they may have some potential.

lace are great, i have those on mu USA Tele Deluxe II.

but IMO not the answer for everything.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a fast track2 Dimarzio single coil sized humbucker in a cheap strat copy sounds pretty good not as beefy as a humbucker but still allows for some better hardrock/metal tones.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by trashedlostfdup
have you looked at dmarzio? they may have some potential.

lace are great, i have those on mu USA Tele Deluxe II.

but IMO not the answer for everything.

Do you have the red though? Those are their high output single coils.
Quote by diabolical
Do you have the red though? Those are their high output single coils.

i am not sure. these are on a tele and all are chrome colored. bridge is hotter, and the SC sound more stratty than the neck did. the are different sized as well. but again this isn't a very common guitar, there weren't a lot made from my understanding. wish i could help.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Pickup position makes a huge difference. If you like the sound of a pickup in the bridge position, it doesn't mean you will like it in the middle position. You can't really make middle position sound like bridge position if that's what you are after.

If you like the SH-6 bridge pickup sound, you need to have it in the bridge position. Because it will sound different in the middle position.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115