Hello guys!

Well i'm starting to research amps and getting to know more about how everything works and getting a bit of information on the section.

So, since all of you pros are here, would you mind answering me a stupid question? It's probably gonna a negative response, but who knows.

So here's my situation:
I'm a guitar player, mainly, but I started as a bass player. Since then, I've improved a lot on the guitar but I barely touch my bass - Although I got 2 bands in which i am the bass player, and none on the guitar (yet).

I searched a while ago, and two things caught my attention on both sides (both from Fender).

For the guitar, the Mustang IV v2, since I'm not going to play guitar on gigs for now and I want to get adapted to the variety of sounds (digital modelling caught my eye) that i can get off a guitar. Therefore, a begginner stage.

For the bass, I've looked into a few also, but the Fender Rumble 500 v3 i enjoyed also due to the fact that you can get a fair amount of sound choice, and it generally sounds good. Since I need a fair setup for small to medium gigs, i thought this was a solid choice.

Now comes the question(s): Can I combine both? Is there a possibility to only send out the guitar amp sound into the Rumble, without any equalization of it? I just wanted to combine the potency of one and the versatility of other, but i'm not sure if the bass amp speakers work differently or it's just about the EQ and general product structure and purpose.

This is just a possibility i was thinking for future gigs where i'll need to boost the guitar (when i get a band), to be able to equalize it properly with the rest.

Thank you for your time!
Last edited by jcristo.drake at Dec 13, 2014,
No, don't do it. You need two amps unless you go down the Pod with FRFR monitors route.
The Rumble is a passable bass rig but the Mustang is simply not a gigging machine, it's a toy.
My rec is a Pod HD500X and the best powered wedge that you can afford.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sooo... there's still the possibility of using the 500 watts power in another terms other than bass playing, though it has to be through a reliable, "compatible" head?
Guitar sounds pretty shit through most bass cabs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you need a solution for both, I would recommend getting a tube guitar head that's at least 50W and then getting a guitar cab and a bass cab. There's very little difference between a tube bass amp and a guitar amp unless it's something like a single-channel metal amp. But this combination will give you a small bass amp and a big guitar amp.
If you go the component route and break down everything in pieces, you can get PA speakers, power amp and then maybe diverge into guitar/bass gear in the preamp stage or even get a guitar multifx unit and use that with bass, after all most of the things are the same and you most likely won't need amp models on the bass.

One of the best bass sounds I've hear was Mike Lepond from Symphony X and it was Sansamp bass di into the board, he had stage amp but that was just so he can be hear himself, so maybe add a Bass DI to the PA setup.