Truly epic song! Her opening high note was mindblowing. I thought that the progression at 0:12 was a little cliched, but the riff with those precise pinch harmonics in the verse was awesome. When you play live, do you have a second guitarist, or do you use a harmonizer for that solo?

Mind checking out my song Hangman For Hire? It's a metal instrumental.
CelestialGuitar,
Part of me wish the singer had more grit to her voice since you're playing metal, though she is an excellent singer. The guitar was impressive, especially the lead guitar. Drummer, and all other instrumental is very good too. Video was well done, but I don't know why you'd need a lamp in broad daylight. Very good song/melodies. Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1662427
Hi guys, thanks for the great response!

Eatfresh, historically, we've played the solo on one guitar live without the harmony, however, with me recently switching from amps to a digital rack setup, our future gigs will include all harmonies recorded on the EP with the help of harmonist effects

Aaron, yeah, Female singers seem to divide people, it's the eternal question, are females in metal meant to be pure and (nice) sounding, or more aggressive? I think either works, there are some incredible male singers in Metal without any grit in their voice (Roy Khan, James Labrie and Timo Kotipelto to name a few), and some incredible ones who use an aggressive style (Hansi Kursch, Russell Allen and Jorn Lande), so it's preference, I'm more into to cleaner styles when it comes to females, my inner Opera nerd pretty much forces me to bow down to Dianne Van Giersbergen as her technique is actually near flawless, and she is an authentic Opera singer, so as a working vocal coach, I've always preferred cleaner, more refined styles and the way I work on Saneeta's voice reflects that.
Quote by CelestialGuitar
Aaron, yeah, Female singers seem to divide people, it's the eternal question, are females in metal meant to be pure and (nice) sounding, or more aggressive?

The answer to that is...yes! Both, depending on the song. Floor Jansen and Lzzy Hale are great examples. Anyway, I really liked the song/video. I really have no criticism to add because it was really good. I would like to see more and see if your singer can get more "aggressive" and pull it off as well. Everyone looked great in the video too, if that matters.

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1662800
Last edited by Elvin Presler at Dec 17, 2014,