Page 1 of 2
What kind of music do you think they would be producing?

I'd like to think that, as visionaries, they would see the pitfalls of composing melodically driven pieces on outdated instruments such as piano and guitar. They would be disappointed to see that hack artists that cite them as an influence (think Dream Theater & their ilk) have completely missed the progression they brought to the musical world and instead focused on cashing in on refining an outdated sound.

I could see them having a musical output similar to modern artists such as William Basinski, Tim Hecker & Yamantaka Eye, although a more Trey Spruance-esque output is completely plausible.

What are your thoughts?
Edm
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
What compels people to ask this stupid question over and over and over again?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
probably really shitty music

since that it what they wrote back then

so things probably wouldn't be different
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Careful with that edge.

some say truth

it is a razor

that leaves your soul to bleed
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Mozart was dumb

Beethoven was cool
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
In a fight between Mozart and Beethoven, Dvorak would've popped in and kicked both their asses.
Crabcore
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Mozart and beethoven are different people?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Mozart and beethoven are different people?
Well sure. Mozart was the blind guy and Beethoven was the guy who invented electricity.

Soo yeah, EDM.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

If Mozart and Beethoven were alive today, they would scream and scratch at the tops of their coffins.
Quote by kingjames123
If Mozart and Beethoven were alive today, they would scream and scratch at the tops of their coffins.

i appreciated this comment
Quote by SGstriker

Quote by teegman

I'd like to think that, as visionaries, they would see the pitfalls of composing melodically driven pieces on outdated instruments such as piano and guitar.

lol
Quote by kingjames123

I like you.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
They would write the same music they used to write in their times, and they would have much more success today then when they were alive.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
They'd be doing movie/game soundtracks.

Beethoven should score Elder Scrolls VI
likely modern classical or perhaps move into EAI-oriented classical
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
If they were alive today, they wouldn't have been alive when they were alive, so music today would be different.

Also, they'd be too busy railing TS's mom.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
By saying that melody is illogical and pointless you are saying that music is pointless and illogical, because no matter what you play, the human mind will perceive a melody, whether it's repetitive or seemingly randomised, from the highest or lowest notes. And by saying that music is illogical goes against everything in the OP, on this site, much of nature and most sound based physics.

Just saying is all.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I think they'd be making music for films

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Well they both wrote classical music because it was the most popular music at the time, so if they were alive today theyd either write pop, techno or hip-hop
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
I'm 100% sure they WOULDN'T play any metal.
Of course they would still write ****ing symphonies, because their gigantic musical ego wouldn't stand writting for only drums, 2 guitars, bass and ******ed screamo vocals.
Quote by Irondevil
Well they both wrote classical music because it was the most popular music at the time, so if they were alive today theyd either write pop, techno or hip-hop

You can't really say it was the most popular. It may have been the one that sold the most scores, or whose performances were attended by the most blinged out muthafukkas around, but far more people likely enjoyed music that hasn't survived to this day, because the ones who played and sang that stuff learned by ear.
The most popular music was probably less about magic flutes, and more about skin flutes, and the tunes wenches would blow upon them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Page 1 of 2