Hey everyone, the patient today is my S5470, for which I'd looking to find the best possible middle pickup to go with the Crunch Lab and Liquifire.

What am I looking for exactly then? Cleans. Natural, bright yet not twangy cleans comparable to a piezo-like sound. I want to try and achieve a very acoustic kind of tone. As natural as it gets.

Being a fan of DiMarzio pickups I'd prefer recommendations of their catalog, but if you've got a better idea and options then fire away!

Cheers!
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Last edited by Lewadra at Dec 14, 2014,
Dimarzio evo single coil is nice if you can find one. I think the closest equivalent is HS2 in single coil mode. The HS are constructed in such way that they actually sound louder and brighter with one coil active
true velvet came on my 3550MZ along with the TZ/AN

in my 2570EVSL which is what you have, the CL/LQ

i don't really find a use for a singe coil. you will want something with moderate to decent output to compete with the others, but then you lose the glassiness with it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by diabolical
Lace sensors...
You didn't specify whether it is single coil or bucker you're looking for.

Sorry about that, I need a single coil for the middle position to go with the Crunch lab and Liquifire (it's a HSH setup).
The middle pup is currently stock.

Evo single? I could try finding one of those. Those are pretty high output IIRC so it'd probably work well even further away from the strings...
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"