Page 1 of 2
My question to everyone is what made you decide to play the guitar or any instrument? When you listen to music do you try figure out how it is played or dream about something else. At concert do you watch the band running around or do you watch how he plays the guitar like the cords and say I did not know you can do that.
what's a guitar?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
My oldest friend was learning guitar and we had been drifting apart over the years so I wanted to have that in common with him and we learned together.
because the piano was too heavy to pick up
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
To get pussy.

It was also convenient as my dad played guitar so all the equipment was here.

As a young kid (3-4) I listened to surfing the alien hundreds of times because it sounded cool, and it had cool artwork.

I feel like I'm one of the few here who played guitar before guitar hero existed.
Last edited by stratkat at Dec 14, 2014,
I wasn't good at anything else.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
My hands.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by theogonia777

thumbs up for the dad joke
guitar hero was fun, so I was like, "hey, why the hell not?"
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
ever since i first got into music -- not even good music or anything, just like when i was 8 or whatever & started consciously listening to music as an activity -- i wanted to write songs & make music.

in 6th grade everyone had to take "general music" once a week, & for a few weeks we actually learned guitar, which was the first time i ever played. and i was like "hey maybe i should actually get a guitar?"

so then for xmas the next year my parents got me a guitar. i guess i would have been 13 at the time.
Brian May's work in Queen

I should clarify that I gave up trying to play like him a few years ago
Last edited by Jyrgen at Dec 14, 2014,
was really into the pumpkins in middle school
i don't know why i feel so dry
My first album, are you experienced, and my second album Apostrophe
Quote by theogonia777

problem solved
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at Dec 14, 2014,
Quote by 457undead

problem solved

aka cutting the instrument's potential in half while looking like an asshole

great problem solving

if we want to end poverty why not just kill the poor
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Had to learn how to play it in my Music class or I would have had to repeat the whole 9th grade. It was mandatory and I hated it. For the exam we just had to play some chords and sing. To practice at home, I used a piece of wood with 12 nails, fishing line as the strings and frets marked with a sharpie.
Well, back in 8th grade the whole scene was skateboarding. If you couldn't skateboard you weren't cool, so after making a fool out of myself I tried so hard to get skateboarding down...seeing as how I sucked at it my parents bought me a guitar months later..pretty much went from there.
I just found an old electric guitar in the basement plugged it into a stereo and didn't look back.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
i wanted a new hobby, so i asked for one for my 15th birthday.

who new 4-5 years down the line it would have had such an impact on my taste in music and style, not to mention music is my damn passion.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Korn and all that other garbage made me wan't a guitar, Pantera actually made me wan't to learn how to play it.
Quote by drunkseph
Korn and all that other garbage made me wan't a guitar, Pantera actually made me wan't to learn how to play it.

lol

i actually still like Korn. Even though i thought they were TEH SHIT in middle school.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I heard something and I thought it would be fun and a good idea to try to do it myself.

Then my grandparents gave me one of their Taylor acoustics and I'd practice with them once or twice a week. They play mostly gospel-bluegrass type stuff so obviously that wasn't up my alley, but it was invaluable experience.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
year 9 music at high school. Had to play in instrument and the only options were guitar and keyboard. Guitar interested me more
Quote by emppu652
Had to learn how to play it in my Music class or I would have had to repeat the whole 9th grade. It was mandatory and I hated it. For the exam we just had to play some chords and sing. To practice at home, I used a piece of wood with 12 nails, fishing line as the strings and frets marked with a sharpie.

wtf school did you go to
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
sister gave up on learning so we had one lying around and I stuck with it longer. I remember months of not being able to do anything
Quote by caeser1156
wtf school did you go to

i would say north korea

but the age would be younger

and the practice guitar wouldn't be as elaborate
My sister had one that she didn't use too often. My friend was playing and he was pretty good, and through him I got into more 'guitar centric' music. Started listening to more Jimi and Zeppelin, and then already had stuff like Rise Against in my catalogue. So I picked it up and played some power chords and thought it was fun.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by chrish57
At concert do you watch the band running around or do you watch how he plays the guitar like the cords and say I did not know you can do that.

lolwut
Guns n roses and shred oriented guitarists like buckethead, paul gilbert etc.

I've grown tired of the fiddly widdly wankage sound though, plus I'm too unmotivated to keep up with the high demands of learning said music
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
My oldest friend was learning guitar and we had been drifting apart over the years so I wanted to have that in common with him and we learned together.

you are such a nice friend. :')

people move on so quick these days, it's heartwarming to see someone actually make an effort to rekindle old ties.
Last edited by fffplol at Dec 14, 2014,
Tom Morello's weird sound effects on guitar hero.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Quote by Tulkas

Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
**** guitar hero.

I was about 13 and decided I wanted to play. Turns out a bunch of my best mates decided to try as well. I think only two of us still play now though. That was 13 years ago now...

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

I think I was about 15. Me and my friends were really into metal and one lead to the other. We playing in our garage in the weekends, but we totally sucked. The neighbor even called the cops on us once
Page 1 of 2