I have a $200 Ibanez with the powersound pickups in the neck and bridge. I was thinking about replacing them with a spare set of INF3 and INF4 pickups I had laying around. I am not too crazy about either set, but can anyone tell me if the Infinity pickups would be an upgrade?
maybe slightly. not certain. i think IIRC powersounds are the lowest end ibanez pickups, but i could well be wrong.

if you have them laying around and don't mind the effort of fitting them, i guess you could give it a shot. if you can't be bothered it might not be worth the effort. kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Imo, the INF's sound even worse than the Powersounds. But if you know how to solder, then if you don't like them, you can just de-solder them and re-solder the originals.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^ they might well do. just because something is specced as the lowest doesn't necessarily mean it's the worst it's ages since i've tried them and i'm not sure i ever tried them head-to-head anyway
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?