Hi guys, like the title says, if you can choose between the new Mesa Boogie Mark V 25 and a 4 and a half years old Mark V, which one would you get?

No cab, so I'd use the D.I. out of the Mark V 25 or a Cab Clone with the Mark V.

2000$ for the new Mark V 25 (in Italy) and 2500$ for the used Mark V with a new Cab Clone.

Can you tell me pros and cons of each option?

Thanks!
What is the situation your using this for? There is a big difference between the original 90 watt head and the smaller 25-watt head out now. No cabinet? I might not choose either one.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
DI out? No reason to choose any Mk V. Get a nice DME with amp sims and play.

I am a Mesa fan boy and made a similar choice several years ago. I know I don't need the 100w so chose the smaller EL84 version instead. As close to my perfect gig rig as I can get.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
get the Mk V for the same money ...... in the USA the MK V is 1800.00 used and the Mk 5 twenty five is 1299.00 new , big difference over here , enough to buy a cab
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Dec 14, 2014,
The Mark V can be switch down to lower power so how is this even a question? Get the real one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ +1

Quote by Fumble fingers
get the Mk V for the same money ...... in the USA the MK V is 1800.00 used and the Mk 5 twenty five is 1299.00 new , big difference over here , enough to buy a cab

With a bit of patience, you can get a Mark V for 1500, even a bit less.
Low power is a bit of a gimmick really. It's only really useful if you want power amp distortion and you don't want that from a Mesa. That's not how they are designed. If you buy the mini, you've fallen for the latest marketing scam.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
+3.1415 get the real one. no need to sell yourself short.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
the only reason i would get the mini is that A 25 watts to me is fine and B they make that one borderline in my price range new in the US. smaller and lighter are secondary benefits.

i believe the regular V has better channel switching options and foot pedal, allowing way better control as a player. that was a big difference i saw when i did a comparison a while back.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Well, I was tempted by the mark V 25 for the compactness, the D.I. output, the warranty (which is 2 years in Europe), the less revalving cost.

But struggled by the fact that the cab clone doesn't sound so good and a torpedo live costs too much, I decided to by an axe fx II..