Page 1 of 2
So since the Pit is basically just a collection of the most assbackward, socially degenerate ****ups that I've ever met, I'm sure more than a few of you have tics or full-blown OCD.

What are your tics?

I've basically been destroying the skin around my thumbs by picking/ripping it off constantly for as long as I can remember. They're essentially in a constant state of healing, and I'm actually sort of surprised I still have thumbprints, cause I tear them up pretty bad sometimes. It's become so second nature now that I don't even realize I'm doing it unless I start bleeding or something.

Over the last four or five years, I've also developed a nasty habit of pulling my hair out, almost always my beard once it gets a certain length. This one is actually legitimately annoying because it makes me beard all patchy and shite looking if I do it enough. I've had to shave on move than a few occasions because of it when I didn't really want to. I typically find myself doing it when I'm focusing intently on something, but I'm actively trying to stop myself at this point. If my beard is short, I find myself yanking hair out of my scalp, but never to the extent that it's noticeable.

I don't really think of myself as an anxious person, but I'm pretty sure I'd be diagnosed with an anxiety disorder if I brought it up at the doc. I definitely have an obsessive personality, but I don't think it goes so far as to extend to OCD. It doesn't really prevent from living normally or anything.

I never really knew either of these were tics till I looked them up out of curiosity and saw some of the extreme cases.

Anyway, hit me with your weirdo tics/compulsions/how you try to overcome (or give in to) them.
i don't have any, at least i think i don't

don't get me wrong though i'm still a weirdo
My left eye quivers....it's more noticeable if I'm anxious or stressed
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by CrossBack7
I'll count the inability/refusal to capitalize "i" as one.

that's not a tic that's a behavioural problem
I actually have a friend that suffered pretty heavily from trichotillomania (obsessive compulsions to pull hair out). She's in her 30's and has pretty much been bald from the age of 8 because she would just keep pulling her hair out. Pretty crazy stuff.

If I get a scratch, or even something as small as a bugbite, I'll usually scratch and pick away at it until it becomes bleeding. I've got loads of little scars on my hands and arms that are from that. I also scratch/itch a little bit at the bit of skin around my hairline. Usually makes it pretty dry and flaky so that sucks.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by i_lovemetallica
My left eye quivers....it's more noticeable if I'm anxious or stressed

Oh yeah, I actually have this sometimes as well. Same deal, typically when I'm stressed or sleep deprived.
Quote by CrossBack7
Oh yeah, I actually have this sometimes as well. Same deal, typically when I'm stressed or sleep deprived.

Same, although it happens randomly with me too even on a normal day.....it's a pretty neat trick if you're staring down someone
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Same, although it happens randomly with me too even on a normal day.....it's a pretty neat trick if you're staring down someone

Man, it always happens to me when I'm in a relatively important meeting or giving a presentation or something. Even if I'm calm and collected. Then I just get self-conscious about whether or not people can notice it.
Quote by Pastafarian96
I judder and shiver violently when I think or hear of something unpleasant

Like this?

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Like this?

Yeah, I have the habit of flinging my right arm a bit viciously, which has resulted in my hitting my leg on multiple occasions, once slicing open the shorts I was wearing and cutting a line about 3 inches in length (not very deep thankfully) down the side of my leg.
Quote by Pastafarian96
Yeah, I have the habit of flinging my right arm a bit viciously, which has resulted in my hitting my leg on multiple occasions, once slicing open the shorts I was wearing and cutting a line about 3 inches in length (not very deep thankfully) down the side of my leg.

Woah, that's really intense....sorry if that picture made you a bit anxious
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I stutter a bit when I'm anxious or tired. Not actually sure how normal that is, because no one's perfect at talking. Nothing too bad, but I'll occasionally get caught up mid-sentence.

Other than that I'm fine.
I've been noticing lately that I click my tongue and look up and to the right when I'm thinking. Both are habits I'd like to kick.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Similar to OP I'm basically destroying the skin around my finger nails when said finger nails get too long. I just pluck away at it I guess. Usually I won't notice until it hurts really bad and that's when I cut my finger nails.
I also clench my jaw really really tight when I get stressed or anxious. Which is all the time.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by azrael667
Similar to OP I'm basically destroying the skin around my finger nails when said finger nails get too long. I just pluck away at it I guess. Usually I won't notice until it hurts really bad and that's when I cut my finger nails.

Yeah, I used to put bandaids around my thumbs to stop me from doing it, but then I realized I looked like a weirdo with them, and who gives a shit about thumb skin anyway.

Oh, I remembered another one. I chew the inside of my cheek a lot, especially when I'm focusing hard on something. Apparently I just like destroying myself in the smallest ways possible.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Woah, that's really intense....sorry if that picture made you a bit anxious

Actually the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard isn't that bad to me, the sound of a child in extreme pain however, hearing something like that makes me lose it, especially if I can't do anything about it. I guess I have a natural instinct for the preservation of innocence.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
im autistic
i wont bore u with the details

Maybe you should, otherwise everyone will just assume you behave like this guy

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by icanhasgodmode
I also do the skin around the nails kinda thing.

Same, and the aforementioned chewing of the cheek thing.....

Man, I gotta relax......
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
When I'm restless (which is often) I'm always moving some part of my body, as in tapping with my fingers or my feet or moving my legs up and down.
When I can't really concentrate (which is often), I start counting the letters in words and determine if they have an even or uneven amount of letters. If a word has an uneven amount of letters I'll determine which letter is exactly in the middle. If a word has an even amount of letters I split the word up in two equal parts.
And when I'm really focused on something (I have these sudden bursts of energy/concentration) I start to very intensively tap certain rhythms with my fingers/hands/feet, or I'll just kinda make the rhythms in my head.

Oh, and I'm constantly biting my lower lip
I pull my hair out when I'm stressed. Not important hairs, just ones that are gonna be removed at some point anyway, so it's quite beneficial really.

I think it's something to do with how I want everything to be perfect so if I can't be perfect at one thing I compensate with being perfect at something else. In this case a perfectly hairless upper lip, which I did while I was stressed about finals a few weeks ago. It was actually really convenient because I could pluck while reading my notes and plucking is very satisfying. Now I'm stressed about something else and there is nothing else I feel like plucking atm so I just painted my nails and they are perfect

I concede it is probably a bit strange but definitely not enough to qualify as a disorder. Better than having an eating disorder anyway, which is also related to this. I mean I suppose I am destroying some of my hair follicles but I want them gone anyway.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Dec 15, 2014,
Yeah, it's not as bad as some other things. It's personally annoying for me but not really a big deal at all. I attribute my strong adaptive immune system to having constant open wounds on my hands/in my mouth.

Builds character. And antibodies.
The minute I notice a spot anywhere on my body it HAS to be squeezed, and I HAVE to inspect the contents. You know, whether it's gooey, solid or has a hair in it.

Similarly I have to remove hairs that look even a smidgen ingrown and check out the bit of goo that is brings with it. This often results in completely destroying my chest and legs with tweezers trying to get these hairs. This leads to spots and scabs that constantly have to be picked and squeezed that just get bigger and bigger and grosser and grosser over the months. The last lot on my leg are only just starting to heal now but new ones will take their place I'm sure.

I'm disgusting.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I have a habit of biting the skin off my lips when they get dry and start to crack. Happens once every few days to a week. Sometimes it comes off in a bad way and I bleed.
Quote by RAB11
The minute I notice a spot anywhere on my body it HAS to be squeezed, and I HAVE to inspect the contents. You know, whether it's gooey, solid or has a hair in it.

Similarly I have to remove hairs that look even a smidgen ingrown and check out the bit of goo that is brings with it. This often results in completely destroying my chest and legs with tweezers trying to get these hairs. This leads to spots and scabs that constantly have to be picked and squeezed that just get bigger and bigger and grosser and grosser over the months. The last lot on my leg are only just starting to heal now but new ones will take their place I'm sure.

I'm disgusting.
I have this but as compulsions

fun fun fun
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂
when im walking, i click a pen three times, rotate it twice, then click it two more times. how fast i click depends on how fast im walking

if i dont have a pen on me ill do the hand motion in my pocket
I blow on all food. Even cold food
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 2