Hey UG!
I'm thinking of selling my Vox AC30c2 combo and buying a new amp. The Vox is too heavy to lug around, I don't want to break my back either lol
Budget: Up to $800 preferably
Genres: Grunge (Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, etc.), early Metallica, decent cleans would be nice for some of the jazz stuff I play
New/Used: Either one, I'm not very fond with Craigslist though
Home/Gigging: I do jam with a drummer so something that could keep up with a full band
Current gear: AC30c2 (planning on selling), Peavey Vypyr 75
I was really thinking of getting something like a Mesa F30. I found one online for about $500 but I want to know if their are better options out there. I mainly want distortion because the AC30 + distortion pedal wasn't really cutting it for me. Nothing too heavy to move around also, the Vox kills me haha
Thanks in advance!
And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...
- Pearl Jam
Our minds will never erase, all those fears and doubts we face
- Difficult
You sure look like you could use a jet city.

They make a 20w 1x12 combo of which speaker (I am really not sure of how to say that in english ) you could replace with, say, a jensen P12Q or an eminence v12.

Maybe they also make a 1x12 high gain 50w combo, I never really understood
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Maybe the 18 or 36w Hughes & Ketner Tubemeister + a seperate cab? Distributes the weight and makes it easier to carry.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
sounds like you might need a roady

I'll second the Jet City. I haven't played one but I've looked into them online. Seems to me like the cleans are good and you can get a rad crunch out of em. I've even seen some youtube vids approaching some metal tones.

Get yourself a 1x12 cab for the head and the load will be manageable.

Quote by Asian_Sensation

The Vox is too heavy to lug around, I don't want to break my back either lol

Nothing too heavy to move around also, the Vox kills me haha
Thanks in advance!
Quote by Spambot_2
You sure look like you could use a jet city.

They make a 20w 1x12 combo of which speaker (I am really not sure of how to say that in english ) you could replace with, say, a jensen P12Q or an eminence v12.

Maybe they also make a 1x12 high gain 50w combo, I never really understood

All of this.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100