I just wanted to say that IMO, the JCM2000 DSL50 is the greatest amp of all time. I've had countless amps and this one just gets me. It's cheap to buy. I just bought mine mint for $500. It's cheap to retube being 50 watts. It sounds absolutely organic and oozes tone. It's made in the UK, not Vietnam like todays DSL's. It has an amazing true reverb tank. Pick dynamics emanates perfection. It's simple to use and takes pedals beautifully.

I bounce back between my Mesa Royal Atlantic and the DSL50 as my main GO-TO's. I finally found my perfect setup.

Time to jam...
Marshall DSL 40C
Gibson Les Paul Classic Lemonburst 2014
ENGL Fireball 60
Peavey 5150 412 Straight
CRATE Blue Voodoo BV120HB
CRATE GT412SL 4x12 Cab
Peavey Vypyr 15
Schecter C1-Elite w/Duncan Distortions
Yeah they're P good.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It may be the "greatest" for some styles of music but I'll bet lots of other players who don't play heavy/rock/metal/grunge/whatever would disgree. Personally if I had to pick the best all around amp ever made it would be a pre-CBS Fender Twin. I traded mine in the 70's for a Peavey Mace (it was an amp-of-the-moment thing). Wish I had kept that Twin. The Peavey was nice at the time but as my playing style changed so did my amps. I know you can play any style of guitar on a Fender Twin and it will sound great. It's the Swiss Army knife of amps IMHO. I'm not so sure about playing all types of music on a Marshal or Mesa. Nice that it works for you though.
Quote by Rickholly74
It may be the "greatest" for some styles of music but I'll bet lots of other players who don't play heavy/rock/metal/grunge/whatever would disgree. Personally if I had to pick the best all around amp ever made it would be a pre-CBS Fender Twin. I traded mine in the 70's for a Peavey Mace (it was an amp-of-the-moment thing). Wish I had kept that Twin. The Peavey was nice at the time but as my playing style changed so did my amps. I know you can play any style of guitar on a Fender Twin and it will sound great. It's the Swiss Army knife of amps IMHO. I'm not so sure about playing all types of music on a Marshal or Mesa. Nice that it works for you though.

The great thing about the JCM2000 DSL50 is the Green Clean/Crunch channel. It has one of the most organic clean sounds I've ever heard, and when you crank the gain up it gives you that perfect amount of clean break-up. Click the crunch and you have a Hendrix sound all day long... Switch over to the lead, and you can cover any kind of 80's metal, 90's alternative. I can do Staind and Rage to the T!
Marshall DSL 40C
ENGL Fireball 60
Peavey 5150 412 Straight
CRATE GT412SL 4x12 Cab
Peavey Vypyr 15
Its certainly versatile and excellent bang for the buck, not too expensive in used market. While not exactly JCM800 the green channels still does have same classic Marshall vibe and red ones are hot rodded to hell. (Grave and Nile use them with very brutal results )

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I think the metalface 1959 or 2203/4 circuits are better as far as Marshall goes, with the 6100 coming in at a close second, but the DSL 50/100 is still a good amp.

SLO is an amazingly versatile amp as well.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by MaaZeus
Its certainly versatile and excellent bang for the buck, not too expensive in used market. While not exactly JCM800 the green channels still does have same classic Marshall vibe and red ones are hot rodded to hell. (Grave and Nile use them with very brutal results )

The JCM800's just never did it for me. I always felt they lacked something. I really tried to like them because my favorite guitar player Tom Morello uses them, but the DSL50 just fits me like a glove
Marshall DSL 40C
ENGL Fireball 60
Peavey 5150 412 Straight
CRATE GT412SL 4x12 Cab
Peavey Vypyr 15
All personal preference, but I haven't really found a Marshall I've adored yet.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
i feel the same way about a cheap traynor i picked up used. it's just right for what i've been up to.

congrats!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
i feel the same way about a cheap traynor i picked up used. it's just right for what i've been up to.

congrats!

Canuck sympathizer!

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
They're cool no doubt. Best amp ever? I won't give them that. They'd definitely be up there, if nothing else because they've been heard on EVERYTHING. I don't know what the greatest amp of all time is, but Mesa probably built it.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
They're cool no doubt. Best amp ever? I won't give them that. They'd definitely be up there, if nothing else because they've been heard on EVERYTHING. I don't know what the greatest amp of all time is, but Fender probably built it.

FTFY
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hurr Fendurr