I'm very stuck and looking to order one of these amps asap. I've tried out the Jim Root aggresses ago, can't really remember what I thought. I tried the Dark yesterday, LOVED the level of gain but hated the one-knob EQ. I would try the JR, but no shops around me stock it.

I currently play a Gibson Les Paul with ceramic Pig90 P90 pickups through a Blackstar HT Stage 60, but I need something more portable for gigs. I play a lot of heavy metal - Avenged Sevenfold, that sort of sound. I also play other stuff, White Stripes, etc, however, I have my Backstair if i desperately need a super amazing blues sound.

Basically, does the JR have the same level of gain as the DT?
Any other general opinions about the two?

At the moment, I'm leaning towards the JR, its just whether it has the same gain. Don't get me wrong, I use a fairly respectable level of gain 95% of the time, and I had the DT on about 1 o'clock, but I very much like to have too much gain and use it when I need it. (I should also point out I'm not a massive slipknot fan, so thats not swaying me at all.)

Cheers, my lovely, lovely people
I like the DKT, not tried the JR but if it's similar it should be a solid little amplifier.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
This is basically the same amp but with better tone controls has just as much gain just more tonal flexibility. I've tried both extensively as orange dealer is two blocks away and a good friend. The regular dark terror can be fixed up with a eq pedal if you want to save some $$.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals