Hi everyone,

Been working on a strat project and finished soldering everything this weekend. After hooking up to an amp, my world crashed no sound, whatsoever. The Jack gives a response when plugging in and out, but other than that, nothing. No matter what switch position. Obviously, something went wrong with soldering. But anyone got a clue where to start looking?

Thanks.
Erik
Retrace all your solder joints starting from the beginning. Didn't heat up the pots to much soldering grounds did you?
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
hopefully it's something small like a shielding issue. Double check every wiring connection and make sure nothing is loose.

for reference on a stratocaster diagram go to seymourduncan.com they have the best strat diagram in my opinion. Every wire is mentioned and it's easy to follow instructions.
Quote by Tallwood13
hopefully it's something small like a shielding issue. Double check every wiring connection and make sure nothing is loose.

for reference on a stratocaster diagram go to seymourduncan.com they have the best strat diagram in my opinion. Every wire is mentioned and it's easy to follow instructions.

Yup, used that exact one. I'll take everything out again and trace back the steps...
Quote by diabolical
I usually short a few connections when testing with a cable to make sure I'm at the right path.

As English is not my native language, can u please describe what u mean with 'short a few connections'?