Page 1 of 2
Hey guys just wanted some ideas to surprise my girlfriend with a promise ring. She likes swimming, photography and music. Our first date was going to See Thor 2 in theaters then we went to go ride horse rides at a area downtown which is also happening this year. I'm leaving for Ohio this Saturday and wanted to give it to her before I left. The only reason is because she is telling her friends she thinks im going to give it to her on Christmas. Any Ideas?
Quote by Cb4rabid
why dont you stop being a pussy and just give her the D instead

I give her the D everyday bro.
Quote by johntomg93
Just a thing that says we will stay faith full until marriage.
so basically a tentative engagement ring
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by johntomg93

so after marriage you go back to being faith empty?
pinga
You should promise her your ring

If she thinks that's weird then she's not worth having
What kind of ideas are you hoping to get from us? This seems straightforward enough to me. I'm not sure if her hobbies, how you spent your first date, and where she's going are relevant details or if it's all a load of faff.
Quote by behind_you
so basically a tentative engagement ring

Yeah, I think that's the other purpose of it (I think the other one is that they won't have sex until they're married to each other).

How strange is that? Hey, you know that ring before that other ring? Here's a ring before either of those rings.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Dec 15, 2014,
don't do it
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
promise rings are literally just cash grabs for jewelry stores

seriously whoever thought of promise rings is up there with the guy who thought of a pandora bracelet. ****ing genius.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
promise rings are literally just cash grabs for jewelry stores

seriously whoever thought of promise rings is up there with the guy who thought of a pandora bracelet. ****ing genius.

You could say that about all rings that are meant to represent a romantic relationship.
Quote by chrismendiola
You could say that about all rings that are meant to represent a romantic relationship.

true, but at least an actual wedding ring means something. an engagement ring is bullshit, but whatever, i can see some guys wanting to but a girl on reserve.

but a promise ring? for gods sake really? and then people are dumb enough to buy into the idea as if we didnt have enough rings to buy already
pinga
So you want to both surprise her and demonstrate to her that you are committed?

Give her the gift of life by impregnating her. Nothing will be more surprising or better show her that you are in it for the long haul.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Sneak it into some of her food or something.

She'll be so surprised. It's like a jack-in-the-box present, you never know when it'll pop out.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Last edited by robertito696 at Dec 15, 2014,
Quote by stratkat
Give her a ring that's 20 dollars worth of god but costs 400.

That's what gets 'em.

Seriously jewelry is a gigantic rip off.

I only paid 100 so its not that big of a deal
$100 gets you weed, gas, and tickets to Six Flags. You ****ed up, friendo.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
A promise ring...

I seriously hope she's expressed significant interest in one prior to you buying it because that's an awfully lame present. It's what you buy your 14 year old girlfriend.
Get a promise **** ring. sure to be a crowd pleaser.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Quote by vayne92
A promise ring...

I seriously hope she's expressed significant interest in one prior to you buying it because that's an awfully lame present. It's what you buy your 14 year old girlfriend.

You're a fuckhead. Of course, your user title implies this; I'm just reaffirming it.

OT:
Take her somewhere nice and then have her close her eyes after you two have eaten the main course.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 15, 2014,
Quote by JustRooster
$100 gets you weed, gas, and tickets to Six Flags. You ****ed up, friendo.

yeah. fuck girlfriends anyway
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Take her somewhere nice and then have her close her eyes after you two have eaten the main course.

BOO-YEAH BABY! I knew from the moment you first started posting here that you were a total DEMON and this post just confirms that! Ladies love a dingus who ain't afraid of the 'lingus! Promise ringin' around her brown rosey a.k.a. the ass-holey ho-HO YEAH
Quote by Xiaoxi
So you want to both surprise her and demonstrate to her that you are committed?

Give her the gift of life by impregnating her. Nothing will be more surprising or better show her that you are in it for the long haul.

alwys good advice 10/10

Quote by MinterMan22
BOO-YEAH BABY! I knew from the moment you first started posting here that you were a total DEMON and this post just confirms that! Ladies love a dingus who ain't afraid of the 'lingus! Promise ringin' around her brown rosey a.k.a. the ass-holey ho-HO YEAH

I gave a promise ring, had my own reasons for it. Everyone has a reason and I will suggest that for some couples it's appropriate and others it isn't. Give one too soon it'll seem like you're just trying to convince yourself that you're in love. Give one too late the big question is why isn't it an engagement. It's a very narrow opportunity to get away with the promise ring thing.

That said, I'm not a romantic. I took her out for dinner, looked her in the eye, and gave her the ring.

Film and TV is ****ing stupid cause it's convinced us all that mystery is sexy. It's not, being sexy is sexy.
Quote by BUZZARD__
Film and TV is ****ing stupid cause it's convinced us all that mystery is sexy. It's not, being sexy is sexy.

When I say tautology...

...but if you replace the first sexy with things like romance, passion and jodhpurs, you'll be right
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by johntomg93

As opposed to what? Practicing polygamy?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Page 1 of 2