Hi,
This is my first post.
I'm looking for suggestions for an amp.
I have a Epi LP Custom.
I like everything from The Beatles to Megadeth.
I have a Zoom G2.1DM multi fx pedal.
$200 is my price range.
Playing only in the home.
Any suggestions welcome
The ones that have caught my eye so far are the Fender Mustang II and the Line 6 IV 30w
With that budget you're not gonna get anything worthwhile.

Best bet is to save up a bit more and get a used peavey vypyr tube 60, or a jet city 2ch 20w combo.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Get a powered speaker and run the Zoom multi-fx unit through it, its amp simulations are pretty good.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Get a powered speaker and run the Zoom multi-fx unit through it, its amp simulations are pretty good.

Any brand/model suggestions?
Used Valveking 1X12?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I'm going to make some assumptions here...I apologize if I'm off base

you are a beginner and wanting to learn...You're not concerned too much with volume output because you're playing in the bedroom, but you want enough so that eventually you can play with someone else from time to time. You want good tone, but more importantly you want versatility because you are exploring different modes of playing and genres.

If I have you pegged do yourself a favor and get the Line6 or possibly a peavey vipyr.

There are a ton of decent practice amps in your range...but if you want an amp to explore different playing styles, I'd recommend a modeling amp. If not that, then avoid the fender practice amps. You'll get good cleans but my experience tells me you'll have flat distortion.

Your guitar, with your multi fx, and most practice amps will afford you the versatility to develop. Waiting to save money just holds you back from playing, and while a 1x12 cab will work, you'll have more fun at the end of the day being able to utilize it as an fx instead of a modeler.

This is a gear forum but don't forget it's about sitting down and playing.

enjoy
+1 for peavey vypyr
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by MS71

Any studio monitors would work for you.

Anything 30-40W will be plenty to play at home, I think something like the M-Audio AV40 would do a nice job.

KrK has a good reputation also, but I think they are more expensive, yamaha also has some products in this range. As long as you stay away from cheap stuff like Behringer, you'll be ok!
Quote by BUZZARD__
I'm going to make some assumptions here...I apologize if I'm off base

you are a beginner and wanting to learn...You're not concerned too much with volume output because you're playing in the bedroom, but you want enough so that eventually you can play with someone else from time to time. You want good tone, but more importantly you want versatility because you are exploring different modes of playing and genres.

If I have you pegged do yourself a favor and get the Line6 or possibly a peavey vipyr.

There are a ton of decent practice amps in your range...but if you want an amp to explore different playing styles, I'd recommend a modeling amp. If not that, then avoid the fender practice amps. You'll get good cleans but my experience tells me you'll have flat distortion.

Your guitar, with your multi fx, and most practice amps will afford you the versatility to develop. Waiting to save money just holds you back from playing, and while a 1x12 cab will work, you'll have more fun at the end of the day being able to utilize it as an fx instead of a modeler.

This is a gear forum but don't forget it's about sitting down and playing.

enjoy

+1

Peavey Vypr
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Quote by MS71

Since you already have the Zoom...

I've been suggesting a Carvin PM12A to folks, but it's just a bit outside your budget, currently at $249. 400W RMS internal amplifier and more. http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/PM12A

NOT overkill (surprisingly enough) for a bedroom (because you simply dial down your Zoom), but it's also completely usable for any gig you'd care to tackle in the future. It's lightweight at *under* 30 lbs and wide-enough-range that you can play almost anything else (keyboards, vocals, etc.) through it as well.
My first tube amp was an Epiphone Valve Jr. It takes pedals extremely well and can probably be found for only a few dollars more than your budget these days (I got both a head and a cab for $350 but that was like five years ago)... a V Jr and your multi-FX pedal are pretty much a budget match made in heaven. It was for me, anyway.
Look for a used L6 Flextone II or III they can be found for $119+ and are a really good modeler (better than the Peavey Vypyr)
Here is a Flextone II for $139
www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Used-Line-6-Flextone-2-Guitar-Combo-Amp-110262484-i3824364.gc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Fisheth24
Used Valveking 1X12?

this is a good bet. you already have a multi-fx unit so going the modeling route would be a bit redundant.
Isn't this Fx a preamp too?
Last edited by t1mman at Dec 16, 2014,