Poll: To sell or not?
Poll Options
View poll results: To sell or not?
Yes!
0 0%
No!
8 100%
Voters: 8.
Hi! Buying a new guitar, but I do not know whether to sell the old one. This is a guitar Ibanez MTM10. This is my first electric guitar and how much I would like to sell it so I would like to stay with me. One guy called me and he wants to buy it, but I do not know what to answer him. This is going to be one of the hardest decisions in my life, because I am so attached to this guitar because it's my first. The main reason for selling is that I realized that I wanted to have my own sound, not to imitate others, and this is the signature model guitar, then guitar doesn't have floyd rose, but when the guy contacted me , I went to the service to be sure that guitar is proper setup, and you know what repairer told me: "You're a fool, you sell this guitar for € 500. To be honest, I never holds a better guitar. The guitar has a great pickups, the sound is perfect. "I told him that guitar is no longer in regular sale and that is no longer produced, and he told me: " You can sell this guitar for 800 euros minimum."For new equipment that I want to buy I need $ 2,000. If I do not sell the guitar I'll have to get a job somewhere for summer vacation. If someone thinks that I do not need Floyd Rose, I can always buy Tremol-no. Please, if anyone has ever been in this or a similar situation let me write what I should do, please !!! (Just to know, if you it's helpful, I already sold the cable and amplifier).
Toki!? Is that you?
Gibson LP Classic HP
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter KM-7
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Since you said "I never holds a better guitar", keep it dude.
Gibson LP Classic HP
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter KM-7
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
All what matters is how it plays to you. If it feels like a dream playing it, then who cares what the heck it looks like or if its a signature model? If there is room for improvement in the feel or features, go ahead and sell it. You aren't getting 800 for it though, nobody will pay that.
ebay is your friend. see what the guitar has been selling for (completed sales not asking price) for where you live. often you have to go lower for a quick sale.

as for 1st guitar well that's up to you. mine is long gone as are actually any that I've owned prior to 5 years ago. not as big a deal as you might think. (old guy here)
"Your own sound" is going to come from your pedal setups and amp selection more than who's guitar you're playing. You sound like you need to keep it.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
keep it. I have my first one from 35 years ago. Plenty have come and gone since but my old Westbury Standard is with me for life......cold dead hands and all that stuff.