Hi!

I just started to to play few weeks ago and I'm looking to build up my gear, I'm currently using an Epiphone LP Special II with EMG 81x/85x and have it on tuned on Drop C, I also have a Line 6 uber metal distortion pedal and a boss noise suppressor NS-2.

Our main goal is to have it sound like whitechapel, here comes the kraken, lamb of god... etc. Since I'm new on this, I don't know what are the best pedals that can help me to get the sound I'm looking for. I would like have all the effects before the amps so I can have the same sound everywhere I'm playing at without having to carry a huge amp.

Some people told me that I can also get pedal for sound compression so leads can sound better and the dimebag wah pedal but I'm not sure if I need them.

I would appreciate your help and suggestions!
Do you plan on jamming only or to do live gig?

IMHO, The basic Metalcore gig is a 5150/6505, a 412 cab with V30 and an Ibanez TubeScreamer
Pedals will sound vastly different depending on what you plug them into. If you want a consistent sound you need your own amp, or at the very least a multi FX unit with amp modeling (ex. Line 6 POD). The go-to for metalcore/deathcore is a 5150/6505, a Ibanez or Maxon Tubescreamer, and a noise suppressor. A lot of groups are going straight in these days with aforementioned multi FX units (Kemper Profiling amp, Axe FX, POD HD, etc.)
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
stock danelectro

-> Russian muff -> Big Muff -> Tube screamer

->ampeg svt classic bass head -> ampeg 8x10

BEST METAL EVER
Quote by BUZZARD__
stock danelectro

-> Russian muff -> Big Muff -> Tube screamer

->ampeg svt classic bass head -> ampeg 8x10

BEST METAL EVER

Wrong type of metal that does sound monstrous though, if a little noisy
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I use my 5150/tubescreamer/boss noise suppressor and washburn idol with Duncan black winter set gives me a massive wall of metal goodness and I have well under a grand in that rig.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Look at my signature
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
All of their suggestions are great, 5150 is a staple, I might also throw out a Peavey JSX or a Traynor YCS 100H or a MESA Mark IV. However based on your post, you are fairly new and may not be looking to drop $1000+ on an amp setup, or you may already have an amp. If you are looking for a pedal that will give you a consistent sound - even somewhat with different amps - I would recommend the Digitech Metal Master. It won't set you back a bundle and with the distortion at about between 12 and 3 O'clock you will get the lamb of God sound. The main reason I recommend this pedal is that it has two outputs, one of which is a simulated amp output, if you use that output it will give you a pretty similar sound regardless of the amp you put it in. A high gain tube amp will sound better than a pedal but at where you are in the game I think a pedal is probably the way to go, you can probably find one used for around $60.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Wrong type of metal that does sound monstrous though, if a little noisy

yeah, it is.

I've played with the idea actually for my own rig. I was mostly joking though

I got the idea from this Japanese doom/punk band back in 2006. The guitar player used an svt classic into two 6x10's and had a super small pedal board. I couldn't make out the pedals but it was only two or three.

He had the best tone at the show that night. I was mystified
Quote by guitarsngear
I would recommend the Digitech Metal Master.

Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Here is my point of view and I would be glad if I can help.Metal Master by Digitech has this modern(AND digital) tone that you need.I wrote a thread here and it was a kind of opposite to yours - about how to get the old school,crunch metal tone because I play with this Metal Master and I feel that I will never get 80s/90s dirty crunch tone.In any way,it is DAMN CLEAN SOUNDING!Actually the pedal sounds perfect,I just have (for most people) bad taste for music.On the other hand,I think that this thing is perfect for clean good produced modern low tuned metal.(In your case - C tuning)It was made mainly for modern metal IMO.I don't really like modern metal but I think that you will like the tone that this stompbox will bring to you if you give it a chance.I hope that you will find your tone because I know how hard is the:"right tone searching".Do a big research,listen to demos,read what people tell to you(but only opinnions won't help you completely,you MUST hear all that you can with your own ears).Good luck and try the Metal Master!
Please don't buy a Digitech Metal Master.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
Please don't buy a Digitech Metal Master.

+∞

6505+, V30's and a ts clone = metalcore
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
One pedal will not get you that tone. The list below will v
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy