Hey,

I am going to replace my multieffect processor by pedalboard with few analog effects( boost, wah wah- compressor, noise gate, delay etc.) I would like to use different settings for rythm/solo tone. For solo tone i will turn on comp and delay or reverb. I am wondering if there is any way to switch on/off two effects by one click ? (Basically i don't want to tap 2-3 times, when switching between sound). Is there any simple tool for that ?
Here's one two-way switcher to get you started in your search. I think this is along the lines of what you're looking for. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/boss-ab-2-2-way-selector-pedal#productDetail

This one is a bit more versatile: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/electro-harmonix-switchblade-channel-selector-footswitch?rNtt=selector%20pedal&index=5

You input your guitar/pre-switching effects, and you use the two A/B ports for separate effects chains. How you hook up the two effects chains to your amplification is up to you and your gear.

Alternatively, you could put your triggered-effects through the effects loop of an amp, and toggle those through a fitting foot pedal for the amp.
Last edited by Will Lane at Dec 17, 2014,
Have a look at the joyo pxl series.

I have the pxl live and honestly can't rave about it enough

8 loops (4 pre and 4 for fx loop), midi capability, 2 trigger outputs for switching amp channels/fx.
Relatively easy to set up as well, there is a full in depth video on YouTube.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Carl Martin Octa-Switch. I have one; its brilliant.

http://carlmartin.com/octa_switch_mk2/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I got a harley benton FXL pro, basically the same as the joyo just different print. cheap and effetive, also easy to use. But i havent used mine at gigs so im not sure about the durability. What i can tell you is when i have my DD3 (delay) on sometimes the amp makes a funny noise because of this pedal as it is powered up and the delay makes it more dramatic.
Quote by johnson84
Hey,

I am going to replace my multieffect processor by pedalboard with few analog effects( boost, wah wah- compressor, noise gate, delay etc.) I would like to use different settings for rythm/solo tone.

Why? By the time you spend $400 for something like the OctaSwitch or a MIDI setup, spend another $1K for the pedals (I'm assuming you're not switching a line of Joyos), you've crept up on the best that multieffects have to offer (certainly used).

At some point you'll look down on your board and begin to add up what it's cost you (include the case and the board itself). You'll begin to realize how many individual points of failure you have (count the cable ends, count the connectors, count the switches, count the 9V access points, count the AC cable and the long guitar cables that run to guitar and amp), and you'll begin to think, again, that there's a better way.

With the OctaSwitch (for example, and it's a great piece of gear and I'm not picking on it), you have all of your pedals out front in harm's way (if you're gigging. Octaswitch copy recommends putting a piece of tape over those little slider switches after you have them set to protect them from, say, *beer*) and AC power as well. Either that or you have stock in a company that make 12V batteries. For all of that, you still can't have your delay pedal set to one setting for rhythm and a different setting for solos. You can only do that with two delay pedals or with a multi-effect.

With a multi-effect (say, a Pod), you can have an inexpensive foot switch out front (an FBV Shortboard runs about $199 new, half or less than that used), with only an Ethernet cable running back to the Pod in the backline. No expensive Mogamis, etc, no dangerous AC lines down front. You have 128 (or whatever) user presets to work with, and each one can have its individual "pedals" each set to a different setting. You can edit these on the computer and feed them into the Multi-FX (on some units) in set-list order if you like.

You don't have 32 individual 1/4" connectors running between 8 different pedals (if you fill up the Octa) plus however many cables you need to run to the backline to switch amps or go full bypass. If you run wireless, the receiver is out there in front where it can be stepped on or be flooded with adult beverages or random bodily fluids. Or random adults themselves. You haven't lived until you've had some 350 lb heifer wipe out pedalboard and several mikestands on her way to a very ungraceful off-balance "I only had a couple of them thar iced tea things" moment at a bar or wedding.

With the Pod, you can STILL have additional individual FX pedals sitting in a rack drawer in your backline, and if they're absolutely necessary to your sound, you can run them via MIDI switching (there's already MIDI and MIDI pass-through built into most of the better Multi-FX).
I'll try to relate with my own experience...

I had a dual amp rig (see my pics and look at old rig). I used the guitar amp for my main clean and drive channels, but I used a couple pedals in the clean so I'd have two levels of crunch. I'd switch my amp to a bass amp which I ran a 4 channel fx looper to emulate additional channels as such:

loop 1 = clean (eq pedal)
loop 2 = spaghetti western (reverb, trem, chorus, top boost)
loop 3 = low fi crunch (radio Havana pedal + cheap danelectro dist. pedal)
loop 4 = Ubber fuzz / noise (ehx Russian muff + ehx bigg muff + digitech bass synth + octave pedal)

All that would ever be in front of me was an amp switcher pedal (one button), my channel switcher for the guitar amp (one button) and the 4 channel fx loop (4 buttons). I never touch a single pedal.

if that's what you're talking about, then the solution is pretty simple. Please note, my rig sounded like trash
Of course there is a simple, inexpensive solution to do exactly what you want and it works fantastically. Go get this...I have it with about 6 pedals and midi capable JVM and it handles everything in one footswitch press.

Decibel Eleven SwitchDr

http://www.decibel11.com/Switch-Dr.html
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
The cheapest solution I've found is the Moen GEC9 . It does everything but midi, and is stupid simple to use. Took me less then 10mins to get it setup and running.

@dspellman

I can't speak for OP, but IMO money isn't always the main factor in switching from mfx to stand alone's. I'm not going to argue that with the money, you can buy yourself a damn nice mfx unit; but in my experience, I just don't get the same feel from my set-up, as when I use stomp boxes. I can't really explain it, but there's just something about stomp boxes that keeps bringing me back to them. Trust me, I've tried on many different occasions to switch to mfx for ease of use/set-up, but It just keeps costing me more money every time I end up buying all of my pedals back

And if you want to control different delay setting with he flick of a switch, you'll need a midi capable delay pedal, and midi switcher. The Decibel 11 Switch Dr should do the job, depending on how many pedals you want/need to run through loops. Remember, you don't have to run all of your pedals through loops. You can throw your wah, tuner, eq,... whatever in front or behind.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Dec 17, 2014,
Thanks guys for you responses
I remind that need to also have possibility to switch amp channels. I have Peavey 6505+ (with 2 channels) and I would like to switch channels by such controller (not standard peavey footswitch)

Moen GEC9 and FXL pro looks nice, but they don't have socket for footswitch. I think only MusicomLab has it.
The GEC9 can switch channels at the cost of a loop. Loops 7, 8 and 9 can be used as latched tip to ground switches. Just use the N/O output for any of those loops.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
The GEC9 can switch channels at the cost of a loop. Loops 7, 8 and 9 can be used as latched tip to ground switches. Just use the N/O output for any of those loops.

This^

Just think really hard whether you will eventually want midi or not.

Thats kinda the issue I'm running into now. I spent $300 on the moen almost 2 years ago, thinking I'd never be interested in midi, but now I'm looking into eventually upgrading my amp (the new one will likely use midi switching), and my delay pedal to the AEx4, to utilize the midi capability of instant setting recall; so I literally don't ever have to touch any knobs on the pedal. So now I need to spend another 3-400 on a new switcher that can handle midi

P.S: Look at the diagrams at the back of the GEC9 manual to see some possible setup configurations.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
If you just plan on using two pedals at a time, you can probably position them in a way that allows you to press them both with the same foot. Thats how i have my delay and overdrive setup for leads, as well as reverb and footswitch for clean tones. It just takes some practice. I have considered some of those switcher and loop pedals, but id probably only use them if i needed more than 2 effects on at a time.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.