I am looking at getting a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and a Rode NT1A or a Sure SM58.

I know the two mics are different but someone has recommended the Sure for recordings as well as performance so I will look into it despite leaning towards the Rode condenser.

Do you think these are worthy candidates for recording vocals and acoustic guitar for Youtube?
You'll get more help if you post in the Recordings sub-forum.

Also, you should state what exactly your needs are. Do you only need to record? Are you recording only guitars? Are you using the mic for live sound?

If you're only worried about recording guitars, live or home, I would recommend the Shure SM57, or sennheiser E609. Both are pretty standard guitar mic's, and are about the same price. I haven't used the Scarlett interface, but it gets great reviews. Supposedly has the best converters and pre-amps, at that price point.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
You'll get more help if you post in the Recordings sub-forum.

+1

Start by reading the stickies, there's recommendations for everything you'll need to get started.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Go for the 2i4 rather than the 2i2. The 2i4 has pad switches for instruments going direct in. as much as the advertisements and info from focusrite say you can do this with the 2i2, you can't without it clipping the signal. I bought the 2i2 and had to buy a separate DI box soon afterwards.