Okay so i'm getting a lovely new guitar amp this Christmas as I am in a band (lead guitar) , I would also like to take bass up after playing a few riffs on my friends. it would on the side just out of general interest (not gigging or even performing).

So to cut to the chase....Could I lean bass Through an Orange Crush 35LDX? Or would I just ruin or damage the amp? And would it sound terrible?

As always thanks!
As a home practice amp it will be just fine. When you are ready to gig you will need to go shopping.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
As a home practice amp it will be just fine. When you are ready to gig you will need to go shopping.

Hey , i remember you! will it sound remotely good?
Quote by matthewrooney12
Hey , i remember you! will it sound remotely good?

You mean like an Ampeg SVT 8x10 at full power... uhhhh no. Will it sound like a decent practice amp for bass? Yes. I recorded some bass tracks a long time ago on my Super Reverb guitar amp and those jingles ended up on TV for a while.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Dec 17, 2014,
You won't damage the amp but you could potentially damage the speaker. You can avoid that risk by using the headphone out to practice with headphones instead.

As to whether is sounds good, that's more up to opinion than anything else. I'd say if you really want it to sound good, get a bass amp.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
You won't damage the amp but you could potentially damage the speaker. You can avoid that risk by using the headphone out to practice with headphones instead.

As to whether is sounds good, that's more up to opinion than anything else. I'd say if you really want it to sound good, get a bass amp.

its a combo if that makes any difference. I could wait until I save a bit more and get a nicer amp! cheers lads!
^For home practice this is really preferable. Guitar amps are not made for playing bass, and I've seen enough tragedy to tell you its not a great idea.

I have one of those VOX Bass Amplug. For what you pay they are great and you can also wire in a music player to "play" along with songs. The sound is surprisingly good.
Bass amps are usually higher in wattage as it takes more power to produce low frequencies also bass speakers are built differently.
At home at low levels for a short while but don't push it.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn