Hey everyone,

What's the general consensus on these guitars? I know G&L Tributes are often suggested when someone posts about thinking of getting MIM Fenders. Are they solid guitars though? Musicians' Friend is running a sale on the ASAT Deluxe Carved Tops this week, a brand new gloss black one is going for $300: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gl-tribute-asat-deluxe-carved-top-electric-guitar/h88845000003001?src=3TP4MHA
Is it worth it to buy for that price? How are the build quality and pickups? Is this a good deal?

Thanks~
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive
Buy it. Buy it now before the deal is over. Seriously underrated guitar.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I have the Trans-black version and it is a very solid guitar, I paid $268 or something like that shipped to my door from MF at the beginning of the year. Very comfy to play
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by JustRooster
Buy it. Buy it now before the deal is over. Seriously underrated guitar.

This.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Ordered! Waiting for shipping now, hopefully this is as good as you guys say so. My rep said it'll come in around a week... in the meantime, I should probably get back to studying for my finals...

Gear:
ZOOM G5
Which color?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Gloss black, that was the one selling at $300. The rest were too much for me to afford (I only had $200, parents were capping at $50 for christmas but lots of pleading later increased it to $100 from them). I don't care though, they all look delicious.

...on that note actually, why are the other colors so expensive? it's $400 for a swamp ash clear body (ok, maybe the wood will cost that much, but that seems a bit... high... an extra $100 for swamp ash over mahogany?), but the transparent colors are $500? For a flamed maple veneer added to the mahogany body? I didn't know an extra centimeter of wood is $200... and then the sunburst one is $700, so an extra $200 on top of the veneer for a different finish? Is there something I'm not understanding here, or is guitar pricing pretty much completely arbitrary?

Gear:
ZOOM G5
I was curious about this guitar myself, but was unsure about the nut width. Does the string spacing feel tighter than a standard strat for example?