Does anyone have any opinions on this guitar? I've been offered one that I might buy myself for xmas, so want to know a bit more about it than you can get from just reading reviews.

I'll obviously try it before buying, but I've never experienced one so I'm curious about what to expect, what the Gibson QC was like back then, how they usually play/sound etc.

Note: If purchased, this will be done purely on a whim, I'm not really actively shopping for a new guitar so not looking for alternative suggestions.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I never tried one, but it looks great. Reminds me of a PRS Starla, but less "pointy". I'd buy one based on aesthetics alone.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I own one. It's a good guitar, the neck is a bit beefier than I like, but it still plays ok and sounds good. Fretwork is good, the neck is overall very good quality construction wise.

I think most people either love them or hate them.

It's definetely worth checking out, in my opinion.
Sounds promising so far - have to admit, I'm not 100% sold on the aesthetics, other than I like the idea of having something that's a bit different in my collection.

Always like a nice beefy neck though, I assume that means it's the 50s profile or similar?
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
had one back in the day. really liked the pickups. neck is bolt on and really didn't remind me that much of any LP profile. the body isn't wood not that you'd really notice. I'd say it's definitely a try before you buy type of guitar.
Damn - it was sold by the time I got home from work & contacted the guy
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by icanhasgodmode
I want one, to make myself a guitar like Thurston Moore

That looks like something I would've mangled when I was 14. Dude can't even refin right.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That Thurston Moore guitar does remind me of something I've often wondered though.

The strings are wrapped round over the tailpiece, but usually I see the strings just passed straight through to the bridge.

Does it matter or make a difference?
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
That Thurston Moore guitar does remind me of something I've often wondered though.

The strings are wrapped round over the tailpiece, but usually I see the strings just passed straight through to the bridge.

Does it matter or make a difference?

Cant tell if serious.

If so then look up top wrapping. People have been doing it forever.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Cant tell if serious.

If so then look up top wrapping. People have been doing it forever.

More curious than serious

Never had a guitar that came like it, so I've never done it when restringing. Never looked into it before either, it just sprung into my mind when I saw the pic.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud