Poll: headphones or earbuds?
Poll Options
View poll results: headphones or earbuds?
earbuds
28 31%
headphones
62 69%
Voters: 90.
Page 1 of 2
I've been seeing a lot of people using headphones lately, which seems odd because headphones are really clunky. I can understand using them at the computer or something like that. But when you're out, earbuds are just easier. Granted earbuds break easier, but headphones still feel like a bit much to just use with your ipod or something.

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of buying a decent pair of headphones, because all of my earbuds stop working in about a month's time.
this house is bitchin
I voted headphones. When you're on the go, earbuds are easier, I agree, but I never really listen to music from my phone/mp3-player or whatever. Usually I'm near a computer anyway.
Headphones, you actually have to do something quite vicious to break them, but they are clunky as **** (especially noise cancelling headphones)
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
How about both? I do the headphones on computer, earbuds when out thing.
You never add the options I want. You suck at polls.
Unless we're voting on what you should get. In that case, it wasn't made clear and you suck at polls.
I wear earbuds because wearing full blown headphones outside is overkill but I wear headphones over my earbuds to block out noise so I can actually hear my music without cranking the volume to damaging levels.
Earphones
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Unless we're voting on what you should get. In that case, it wasn't made clear and you suck at polls.

this

also you forgot speakers, dipshit. I use speakers behind the computer, headphones for recording and earbuds when I'm out and about

You suck at polls.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Joshua Garcia

I prefer earbuds. Headphones always feel too tight on my head so they give me a headache. I guess my head is too big
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Why not both? But if I had to choose one, most limey headphones because they don't jab into your ears and avoid more background noise
Headphones. They're only a hassle if you have nowhere to put them, otherwise they're fine. Earbuds are incredibly uncomfortable after extended listening as well, where as you can use headphones for a good few hours before they get achey on the ears.

Also, its a quality thing. Would you rather be able to simply 'listen to music' or actually enjoy the entire musical spectrum available from your preferred piece? If the latter, go headphones.

I've had my pair of Sennheisers for 2 years, the only sign of wear and tear is where the L and R caps have been knocked off, and thats purely a decorative thing.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/monitoring-headphone-studio-headphone-professional-audio-hd-380-pro
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by AwesomeOne3
Why not both? But if I had to choose one, most limey headphones because they don't jab into your ears and avoid more background noise

Dont get me wrong this is true, but it depends on the kind of earbuds you get. I use Beats tour and Ive had them for almost a year now, I listen to music ALL day at school and Im not exaggerating. I love them cause theres no hassle of big clunky headphones. In my opinion its earbuds just be picky about it.
Most people aren't weird audiophiles tho, like who cares if you can't hear that tiny synth in the background
Quote by ErikLensherr

Headphones are preferable. I don't wear them in public though. I don't listen to music when I'm in public. I find it a bit obnoxious for some reason.
Quote by EpiExplorer
Would you rather be able to simply 'listen to music' or actually enjoy the entire musical spectrum available from your preferred piece?

I'd rather just listen to music, that other thing sounds tiresome.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
earbuds sound like ass, even the best would be better if you spent the same cash on headphones

Quote by EpiExplorer
Headphones. They're only a hassle if you have nowhere to put them, otherwise they're fine. Earbuds are incredibly uncomfortable after extended listening as well, where as you can use headphones for a good few hours before they get achey on the ears.

Also, its a quality thing. Would you rather be able to simply 'listen to music' or actually enjoy the entire musical spectrum available from your preferred piece? If the latter, go headphones.

I've had my pair of Sennheisers for 2 years, the only sign of wear and tear is where the L and R caps have been knocked off, and thats purely a decorative thing.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/monitoring-headphone-studio-headphone-professional-audio-hd-380-pro

i have those same headphones, they're really nice
Earbuds never stay in my ear. I always use headphones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i would choose a good pair of earbuds over headphones if i'm walking around (i'm walking, what do i care about top notch fidelity?), but i've stopped listening to music like that because i have to crank the volume to hear the song properly and i'd rather not have to do that to enjoy music.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Headphones. If I'm in a public place, I put up with not listening to any music.

I refuse to stoop to the level of using earbuds.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

all day every day nahmean
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
So many audio nerds here
Quote by ErikLensherr

Headphones

I can't stand earbuds. When I'm out of the house I only listen to music in my car anyway.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by captaincrunk
really though if you're going to be a snob, the best headphones still won't sound as good as decent speakers in a well shaped room. headphones with "bass" are just silly

well yeah but that doesn't mean you can't opt for the convenience and price of a fairly good pair of headphones while still getting very good sound quality.
home - watching movies and listening to music, chillin
-------- head phones

outside - skating, in the car, etc

--------- ear buds

quality wise, i always have found headphones to be much richer and deeper, especially if you're into heavy metal like me.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I've also experienced lossy problems when listening to synth, but that might be more the lossy audio and not the earbuds idk.
this house is bitchin
Earbuds. Frankly, if you can tell the difference, you're a pussy who hasn't been to see Motorhead often enough.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
i am not such a dork that i listen to music away from my computer
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
i am not such a dork that i listen to music away from my computer

basement dweller confirmed

jk
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Buds most of the time.

Even when I'm at home settled a few hours of headphones start to hurt my head like a melon with lots of elastic bands on. Buds don't have that problem.

Don't want that shit happened to my head because I wear headphones for too long.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
^^

buy more comfortable headphones.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Cardbored
basement dweller confirmed

jk

nah, i also listen to music in my car
i don't know why i feel so dry
Earbuds. Comfier for the gym and when I'm out, also easier to store. I don't like the feeling of headphones squishing my ears and noise cancelling freaks me out. I like being able to hear my surroundings as well because that helps you not get run over. Or being jumped.

And nice earbuds at that. Not some £15 shit from the factory shop. Or the ipod ones.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Dec 18, 2014,
Page 1 of 2