Have been browsing the net for several days and I just can't find what I want.
maybe you guys can help me? I'm picky! Im looking for a good guitar but nothing super expensive. somewhere around 1000 dollars. it will be my work horse, I like strat style guitars, and I don't mean particulary stratocasters I just can't stand their neck radious, but more like ibaneze figures or simular. I mostly play blues and heavy metal, I hate mahogany!

1. the guitar must have a body made from alder
2. the guitar must have a HSH configuration
3. I want to be able to see the wood, so no solid colours
4. the guitar must have a floyd rose or simular
5. it should have a fast and more flat neck, jumbo frets and a locking nut

where is my baby? does she even exist?
Last edited by guitarman66 at Dec 18, 2014,
Quote by BUZZARD__
sounds like you want an Ibanez

nooo they are made from mahogany and basswood atleast the ones I have seen?
What's wrong with Basswood?

Also... Where did you put the guitar if you're having trouble finding it?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
What's wrong with Basswood?

Also... Where did you put the guitar if you're having trouble finding it?

it's too soft! I Like to rub my beard against the alder grain, it sounds real good yeah!
really, I find alder best for the whole spectrum, lows mids and highs
Last edited by guitarman66 at Dec 18, 2014,
did ibanez make any guitars from alder? please post! Im also interested in other alternatives, so keep 'em coming please
Get an alder macBook and start making sick beatz with live
Abandon guitars
Profit!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I don't know. I'm not a tone-wood fiend

My favorite electric guitar I ever owned was all-maple...
get a custom guitar.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Thanks to all for their suggestions! I ended up with this one, it isn't alder, it's mahogany anyhow it got most of the stuff I want, and it's one of a kind. I just couldn't stop my self, it was love at first sight, I bought it today from Ebay, it's made in korea by a master luthier especially for the NAMM show, only top woods and parts are used, and it's new! it's incredible, I never thought I would own guitar like this and I didn't pay more than I would for a classic wibe, you should check this guy out, he's name is gitarrenschmiede, I hope it will be as good as it looks, I guess I will get it next in a week, will keep you updated

Last edited by guitarman66 at Dec 19, 2014,
fender makes mexican HSH strats with floyd's that come in sunburst? or are they HH?
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
Quote by guitarman66
Thanks to all for their suggestions! I ended up with this one, it isn't alder, it's mahogany anyhow it got most of the stuff I want, and it's one of a kind. I just couldn't stop my self, it was love at first sight, I bought it today from Ebay, it's made in korea by a master luthier especially for the NAMM show, only top woods and parts are used, and it's new! it's incredible, I never thought I would own guitar like this and I didn't pay more than I would for a classic wibe, you should check this guy out, he's name is gitarrenschmiede, I hope it will be as good as it looks, I guess I will get it next in a week, will keep you updated

It is grotesquely beautiful
It sound like you not only know what you want, but you also want the most generic guitar ever.

I don't know for sure, but you can probably get exactly what you want custom made from Warmoth for right around $1000 and up.

http://www.warmoth.com/default.aspx
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by guitarman66
it's made in korea by a master luthier

be careful it's probably full of NORTH KOREAN SPIES!