I'm sitting at work bored, staring at a telephone, feeling a little bad about sitting on the internet, and thinking about guitars and such. So I wrote this cause it sounded kind of fun. I'll answer only after a few others do. Thanks.

(1) Your first guitar and what happened to it...

(2) A guitar you bought and thought you liked, but hated shortly after...

(3) A guitar you sold, but cry a little in private because you did...

(4) Your current guitar, what you hate about it, and what you love about it...

(5) Next guitar you've got your eyes on, and why...
Quote by BUZZARD__

1. ES-335-12-string ('67 or '68). The Byrds were out of favor and so were electric 12s. This had been used as a six string for a while and was full of dirt and bubblegum. I still have it, but the Gibson chipboard case has long since rotted. Great guitar, and it's been around the world with me maybe 2.5 times.

2. Nope don't have one. Still like 'em, but might like one or two less than I did at first.

3. One 335 from '68. I recently found it again and thought "Should I?", but I slept on it and a clearer head prevailed.

4. I have about five that are being used a lot. I have a JTV 89F (a year old now) however, that I really like for its neck, scale, frets, radius and versatility (it's a Variax, after all), but I *really* wish it were available in more colors than black or "blood red," and that it were a neck through instead of a bolt neck.

5. I'm considering picking up a backup JTV-89F, but I might order up a couple of Agile AL-3200 semi-customs with Floyds, 24-fret necks, maybe 25.5" scales and (if I can get it) the same 16" radius wide/thin neck profile I have on my current version. I'm after a Trussart Steelphonic, but I'm not all that interested in paying $5500 for a new one. Maybe a used one at $3K (ish). It's got that sweet candybox pickup; awesome for slide.
Cringiest sig ever
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.

1. LTD-H100FM. It is currently sitting in my room.

2. I have never bought a guitar I have disliked.

3. I have never sold a guitar.

4. Epiphone Les Paul Custome. I don't hate anything about it apart from the fact that the gold coloured playing has faded. I like the looks of it, very classic.

5. I'd like a Fender Telecaster. I doubt I'll buy one, I'm not very into guitar playing any more and I have more important stuff to spend my money on.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

just a squier strat. gave it to a neighbour's kid

n/a

n/a

just some fender tele vintage remake thing that i bought for 700 bucks because i liked how it played/sounded. no complaints, sounds nice and plays nice when i feel like playing around on guitar a bit

n/a not interested in buying another guitar or guitar related thing, gotta diversify the sounds friend

idk, I think it was a Tracer or some other POS

n/a

n/a

A Schecter Hellraiser C1. It's cool. It plays music and looks pretty hanging on my wall

Probably won't get another anytime soon. I play piano/keyboard a lot more. But if I did probably a strat or fender or something
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 18, 2014,
1) some 3/4th scale shit toy when i was little. I think also a peavey raptor or smth when i was in 8th grade

2) none

3) never sold

4) fender jazz bass. Love everything about it but its a bit ****ed up and i need to have it set up correctly by someone but i have no money to do so. Also needs new strings but w/e

5) want a 5 string bass and maybe a digitech bp355 but idk
Quote by steve_muse
Cringiest sig ever

it's actually cringier that you still have sigs enabled.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by steve_muse
Cringiest sig ever

I like it that way

Quote by CaptainCanti
ew guitar

it's okay if you don't play, just make something up

Jackson Dinky - stolen by some dude who came to one band practice and left

A BC Rich Acrylic Mockingbird. First, because it's BC rich, second, because it was heavy as hell. Still have it, and it sits in the closet.

Rickenbacker 620. I'm an idiot

Fender strat. I hate that it's a fender strat. I like that it's a guitar

Fender Tele, or a Gretch hollowbody, cause I like em a lot
Last edited by BUZZARD__ at Dec 18, 2014,
Quote by Jackintehbox

damn
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Thrashtastic15
my sig is a masterpiece and yr missin out

And mine is a cute cat meant to cheer up everyone who sees it
Quote by institutions
And mine is a cute cat meant to cheer up everyone who sees it

are you sure that's supposed to be a cat.

I see something else
Quote by Jackintehbox

You're telling me you've not seen my sig? Boy you're missing out
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.

Stagg Flying V copy. Currently in pieces. Trying to get it playable again in hopes of selling it.

See above

I have no regrets

Gibson Flying V '68. I don't really hate anything about it. Awesome sounding guitar, fantastic-feeling neck. Looks the absolute shit. May need some work done in the future though because of a finish crack around one of the tuning pegs.

Jackson MIJ. Because they kick ass.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
A Yamaha EG-112, gathering dust in my closet

Epiphone Les Paul Special II

none

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Action was too low (and still is), and I don't know how to adjust it. The lacquer coating (if that is the proper term) on the neck sometimes messes me up when I'm playing. I guess I like how much better it sounded plugged in compared to my Yamaha.

PRS Tremonti. It looks good and plays good, from what I've read. Also those bird inlays look sick as hell.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Affinity Squier, still got it at home

never happened

never happened

The new Ibanez 5 string. I love that it plays well, the neck is really good, its finished lovely, and it has great pickups. I hate that its going to wreck my little amp and I need to get a new one because the speaker can't handle the low B properly

I haven't got a guitar in mind, but an amp. I don't have a specific one, but whatever amp I like at the store I'll get, probably what I was trying the Ibanez out on, which was an ashdown I believe
Quote by BUZZARD__
I'm sitting at work bored, staring at a telephone, feeling a little bad about sitting on the internet, and thinking about guitars and such. So I wrote this cause it sounded kind of fun. I'll answer only after a few others do. Thanks.

1. Red no-name (literally no brand) stratocaster. Currently refinishing it in paisley.

2. Fender MiM Telecaster. Just doesn't perform how I would like. Will be selling in the next few months.

3. None.

4. My most recent guitars was a surf strat build. Love it in every single way because I built it to my specs.

5. Building a 7 string next month. Basswood body, quilty maple top, pure maple board (no inlay), and a reversed headstock

Do some work you bum.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by BUZZARD__
are you sure that's supposed to be a cat.

I see something else

yes it is. don't try to make my cute cat into some gross thing
Quote by BUZZARD__

1. Fender Strat. I ravage it every night

2. I've only bought the strat

3. n/a

4. fender strat. I ravage it every night

5. gibson sg. idk, looks pretty sweet.
Ibanez GRG170DX, it's still lying around but I never use it because the pickups suck and I put heavy guage strings on that don't really fit properly

I got a kit where you build your own. It looks OK but the pickups suck and it has a floyd rose which I despise

N/A

Washburn RX50. Love: stock pickups are ok, wouldn't say I love them. Hate: it can't handle heavy guage strings/low tunings particularly well (but I guess it's my fault for tuning so low)

I want to get a 7 string because they are better for low tunings. It will be nice to play on strings that aren't as loose as a hooker's lady parts

Also, TS: you aren't set for life if you only have one case of beer in the fridge.
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Dec 18, 2014,
(1) Acoustic First Act, after breaking the neck and trying to repair it, it sits in the garage now collecting dust.

(2) Peavy semi-hollow

(3) n/a

(4) Ibanez semi-hollow, love the body and the sound, wish the cut-away was on both sides.

(5) Fender mustang cuz of sound and look
Quote by institutions

I am terribly sorry for the off topic, but I see two ducks back to back upside down.
1. Fender starter acoustic; smashed to bits.

2. Never happened, but my Tele doesn't get much time because I much prefer my Strat though I do like the Tele.

3. Eh, I've given away a few guitars but they weren't great so I'm not too bummed about those.

4. I have three.

Fender American Standard Stratocaster HSS (2011)
I can't fault much about this guitar, I absolutely love it. Though if I could go back, I'd probably go for an SSS. But then again I don't like bridge pickups much anyways- speaking of which I'd probably throw Klein Jazzy Cats in but again it's not a big deal and I'm content with these things as they are.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
I really like this guitar (hint: I love all of mine). Again, I'd have to be really nitpicky to say there's something I'd change about it, I guess I hate the ugly shape and design of it all, plus it's too similar to my Strat. As much as I enjoy having a Tele, I'd probably tell my past self to go for a different guitar (see answer to last question) that varies my collection a bit more. At 19 years old and someone who plays music as a hobby (though I'd say it's probably the most significant part of my identity), I've got to be more conservative and if I buy guitars, I'd make sure I'd have a more well-rounded collection.
Martin DSR-GC
It's an acoustic. I play some acoustic, but not too much, and when I do use it, I'm pleased. I don't know what else to say.

Again, it's not a huge issue, but I guess next time I'll go for an OM instead of a dreadnought.

5. I'm not sure yet, I keep changing my mind. It's between a PRS S2 Mira, a Gibson SG '61 RI or a Gibson ES-335 Satin. The "why" is that they're bright but not as bright as my Fenders (I don't like dark tones), and I've tested 'em and all and they sound and fell great. I know I'd like to eventually own all of these guitars, but I'm just not sure yet.
Quote by BUZZARD__

It depends, first guitar I had was a 1970-something Riviera acoustic that was not mine, first guitar I owned was my Squier P-bass

N/A

I don't sell my gear, next question

Two, a Gibson SG and a telecaster my uncle made, the SG plays like a dream and is incredibly light but has pretty average pickups, the Tele has amazing action and the dreamiest neck but it takes three hours to set the bridge up after a string change.

Fender jazz bass, preferably blue

EDIT: actually for number 5 I'd like a Kala U-bass
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Dec 18, 2014,
Quote by ElMaco
I am terribly sorry for the off topic, but I see two ducks back to back upside down.

To me it's two people with a surprised looks chin to chin looking up at a piano that's about to fall on them.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by BUZZARD__

1.) Carlo Robelli: STV Electric Guitar (aka a cheapie out-of-the-box-for-beginner's guitar). It was given to me from my dad. Still have it.

2.) Have only bought 3 and haven't regretted it.

3.) Sold 3 to my dad and don't regret it. Especially considering I could borrow them whenever.

4.) Ibanez: GRG121DX. I don't hate anything about it (or anything because hating is dumb lol). Love pretty much everything about it.

5.) None in particular.
Quote by ElMaco

Quote by Cardbored
To me it's two people with a surprised looks chin to chin looking up at a piano that's about to fall on them.

both great
Quote by BUZZARD__

1) Bought it as part of a beginner package that came with an 80 bucks amplifier. Still hanging on my guitar stand, collecting dust. I like to play it sometimes to remind me how ****ing massive an 8-string neck is (see below).

2) My Ibanez RG8. It took some time to get used to all the strings. The A string isn't the second lowest string anymore. It's buried in a sea of strings. After getting used to it though, it's fun to noodle around on.

3) Have not sold any guitar yet.

4) My RG8. I haven't gotten around to getting proper, huge-gauge strings for the F# and B strings, so they flub a little and buzz if I play too hard. The scale length is only 27", but it's still bigger than the 25.5" I'm used to. Some chords are a massive pain in the ass to play.

5) None at the moment. I'm looking to upgrade my setup now. Between my 4 guitars, I've got all that I need. They don't sound crazy awesome or anything, but they're fine.
Quote by institutions

boobs are not gross. We do not see eye to eye

Epiphone SG-400, still have it, still play it.

I picked up what was sold as a Hohner fretless bass on eBay - it cleaerly isn't. Enjoyed it for about a week before it got stored away!

I've never sold any, so pass!

ESP LTD SC608B is my current jam. What I hate about it? How careful I am with it because I'm still in the "NOTHING MUST SPOIL THE PRISTINE BEAUTY OF THIS THING" phase. What do I love about it? Pretty much everything. It's my first "proper" guitar, and the action and all round "smoothness" of this thing is insane!

Having just bought the ESP LTD SC608B, I'm not really looking to buy anything else at the minute, but I've always fancied a Gretsch White Falcon.....
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by BUZZARD__

1) £20 unknown make from a charity shop. I loaned it to my friend who had picked drumming but later wanted to learn guitar too. I felt I owed him for something so told him to keep it, think it might have been him always buying me chips at lunch in school without asking for anything in return.

2) I bought some random ibanez for £200 as my main guitar. Didn't hate it.

3) See 1). didn't technically sell it, more just said "keep it w/e"

4.) That Ibanez. It looks quite unique for a cheaper model. I never saw another one with the same shape and other models I later saw in that range looked different. thought it might be some copy for a while but the shop I got it from was pretty reputable, so despite not having any paperwork on it I just presumed it was okay (it's just s £200 guitar after all) Fretboard was nice and so was the finish on everything. Was very prone to going out of tune though. It's currently in my attic and I wonder if I should sell it as it's just taking up space atm.

5) there is no next guitar because I have not played the instrument in at least 8 years I think.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o

Some cheap thing my brother had that I tried out after he stopped playing, it's on top of a cupboard I think. Has an interesting devil face painted on it, will have to drag it out and get a photo as I can't find it on google.

I bought a cheap bass guitar and never really got into playing it, so it was more a waste of time and resources than hating it.

Never sold one, next.

ESP Horizon FR-II. Nothing to hate about the guitar itself, however I hate that I stopped playing for a year and a half and completely forgot how to play. So it's an expensive ornament these days that I occasionally pick up and get slightly frustrated that my fingers don't work like they used to.

Most of the Ibanez RG premium range, finishes are smexy.

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/esp/product_images/000/010/570/xlarge.png?1389982837 If I still played I would consider that as well.

Probably won't get another guitar unless I start playing again though, for obvious reasons.
Quote by JackalUK
I hate that I stopped playing for a year and a half and completely forgot how to play. So it's an expensive ornament these days that I occasionally pick up and get slightly frustrated that my fingers don't work like they used to.

I can relate. I used to play so much, in several bands across different genres. As a rhythm player I was basically at the top of my game. Not trying to sound overly-proud, but I listen back to some stuff and I'm like shit my fingers did some rad stuff.

I went to school, stopped playing music besides the bedroom, moved away and went to work offshore where I was away from a guitar for three weeks at a time, and came home only for a few days. Did that for 3 years. Now I'm back and jamming with the guys, but it's just a different world now.