So, at this moment I have an MXR 10 band EQ, a Wampler compressor and an ISP G-string II. I tried running this:

Amp-> ISP -> comp -> Guitar

Before I bought the MXR and it made my tone horrendous. I figured it was the comp so I took the gate out and it was fine. At this time I am wonder how to order these for the best tone. It might have been a cable problem too though, I have looked into it to deeply but they are all new cables.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Gate should go after dirt pedals (including compressors) but before modulation pedals (Especially delay. NEVER put a noise gate after a delay).

Read the G string manual.
http://www.isptechnologies.com/manuals/Decimator%20II%20Manual.pdf
It has a loop. Put dirt and EQ pedals in that loop.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Dec 18, 2014,
When I do it the way they intend, it kills the tone/gain/sustain. keep in mind I'm doing something where I don't run the pedal through the fx loop and am using a 6 inch cable to plug the "guitar out" to the "dec in". Is this what is causing it or something that will damage the pedal?
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by amonamarthmetal
When I do it the way they intend, it kills the tone/gain/sustain. keep in mind I'm doing something where I don't run the pedal through the fx loop and am using a 6 inch cable to plug the "guitar out" to the "dec in". Is this what is causing it or something that will damage the pedal?

Honestly it sounds like you've got your noise gate set too high or you're just using too much gain on the amp.
Quote by icronic
Honestly it sounds like you've got your noise gate set too high or you're just using too much gain on the amp.

Gate is at slightly under half, gain is on 3 with 0 boost on mxr 10 band

Actually I just found it was a shit cable lol. I just ****ing bought it too.
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X