Anyone????

It's been a while.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Dec 19, 2014,
But at least we had fun while it lasted! :P
What is/was bass wars and why do I care?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Time to explain, methinks.

Many moons ago, the bass forum elders got together and determined that there shall be but one champion. An example by which others can follow. There was many a discussion as to how this paragon should be chosen. The first 745 ideas involved drinking copious amounts of alcohol.

This did not go well.

So a competition was devised- a number of potential suitors would vie in a head to head knockout competition until there stood only one. The aim? Create a better bass piece than your opponent. This could be a song, solo... anything as long as it was bass. Names were stripped so as to prevent the proceedings becoming an unpopularity contest.

Alas, we never finished a Bass Wars, and the mantle has grown dusty and forgotten by all but the Elders.

May the ashes rise.
I would down for another one. Last time I had only been playing for a few months Also I thought the Giaco guy actually won last time.
Go play the roots and stand behind your amps

Unless you're southern rock. In that case, play whatever the **** you want
I remember getting to the finals (by luck) and losing. But maybe it was just my tier finals or something.
Quote by bdof
Go play the roots and stand behind your amps

Unless you're southern rock. In that case, play whatever the **** you want

Warned for trolling.
This could be interesting.

You'd better put in some rules regarding keyboard participation; my Korg Kronos X can do anything from an upright to a P bass...
Would do but no recording or transcription capabilities
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by dspellman
This could be interesting.

You'd better put in some rules regarding keyboard participation; my Korg Kronos X can do anything from an upright to a P bass...

The rule we tended to have back in the day was that a bass had to be the focus point. It's a competition to marry your songwriting with your musicianship- a lot of people used it to challenge themselves in either or both respects. I would say that the use of a keyboard would be fine in a supporting sense, but then we don't have official rules for this one yet.
Quote by Pastafarian96
Would do but no recording or transcription capabilities

No recording software or interfaces here, either.

I am indeed a Luddite!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley