My guitar (washburn C80s) has been making a weird noise whenever I push down on a fret. It happens all across the fret board and is the worst at the fifth fret. I am unsure of what the problem could be and after searching google all I could come up with is that the 5th fret is dead. If anyone knows what is causing this problem and a way to fix it I would greatly appreciate it!

Here's what it sounds like at the fifth fret:
https://soundcloud.com/nougatofficial/guitar-problems
thankfully the neck isn't warped that is important thing. With a dead note on the fretboard you'll know right away because the note completely dies right after fretting it. Try to play around that note and see if everything else sounds fine except for that.

so idealistically you want to bring this to a pro. It's either the fret is really high or really low and needs to be leveled.
You can have a high fret, a low fret or one in which the fret tang cavity is too side (IOW, a loose fret). The first instance might only require that a tech use a fret press to push the fret back down, or it may require him to get out the files and bring it back in line with the others. In the third instance, techs will often wick thin superglue into the tang cavity. That will not only fix a dead fret, but will also help assure that it won't become a "flyer" fret at some later date.
Quote by Tallwood13
thankfully the neck isn't warped that is important thing. With a dead note on the fretboard you'll know right away because the note completely dies right after fretting it. Try to play around that note and see if everything else sounds fine except for that.

so idealistically you want to bring this to a pro. It's either the fret is really high or really low and needs to be leveled.

What's weird is that the note doesn't die right after fretting it. Just makes that awful noise unless I put a very small amount of pressure when fretting it. Hopefully that doesn't mean the neck is warped although I wouldn't be surprised as I never keep it in a case and where I live there is not much humidity at all.

Anyways thanks for your help (and dspellmans as well) I'll have to find a guitar shop or luthier to take it to and hopefully it won't be to expensive of a fix.
That sounds like it's actually hitting a fret way up the neck, much higher pitch than it should be. That would indicate a high fret somewhere else. Does this happen all the way up the neck to a certain point then stop? That would have me thinking either the neck relief is totally gone and you actually have a hump in the neck, rather than relief, or the action is way too low and you might need to raise the bridge saddle just a bit.

Usually doesn't take much, can be done either by getting a new saddle or putting a shim under the existing one. I've used brass shim stock and strips of plastic of different thicknesses. I think once I used a plastic phone card same as a credit card. That's the height I needed and it worked...

If it's a hump in the neck, not hard to find out. Go here

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/pagelist.html

Look in the Instrument Setup section, good info on checking and adjusting the truss rod if needed..When I do mine I try to get somewhere in the .012 to .015" range, not hard to check with automotive feeler gauges. If I remember correctly, the Jim Dunlop .50 Tortex pick is about .012...I'll have to pull out my micrometer and check again it's been a while...but if I remember my metrics right, the .73 should be about .015".
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
It goes all the way up the fret board but it doesn't make as loud of a noise at the 1st and 2nd fret. Also my guitar doesn't have a truss rod =/. So if it is due to a hump in the neck (or warped?) would raising the bridge still help or make a noticeable difference?